Items Similar to Antique Tennis Beer Stein, German Mettlach Type, 1914
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
Antique Tennis Beer Stein, German Mettlach Type, 1914
A beautiful German stoneware 1/2 liter beer stein with its original hinged pewter lid. The stein is decorated with a tennis scene and the front is inscribed 'Bei Spiel, und Scherz, Bleibt Froh, Das, Herz', the base with impressed factory mark and date 1914. The proverb translates roughly as "with games and fun the heart stays young".
- DimensionsHeight: 9.85 in. (25 cm)Diameter: 4.14 in. (10.5 cm)
- StyleSporting Art (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1914
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Very Good, please see images. The darker images are like the item. The lighter ones are over exposed.
- Seller LocationOxfordshire, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 230021stDibs: LU97576249093
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$48.85 Front Door Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 7-12 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered to the first available dry area outside of your house or building (front door, porch, landing area, garage, etc.).Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1977
1stDibs seller since 2013
327 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
LAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
More From This Seller
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBA fine quality, full-size, ash framed, tennis racket, mirror with a laminated, hardwood, chequered grip, the thr...Category
Early 20th Century North American Sporting Art More MirrorsMaterials
Cut Glass, AshH 26.38 in. W 8.86 in. D 1.58 in.$1,674
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBTennis-themed beaker. A very nice 'Denby' pottery tennis themed beaker. The tennis ceramic is decorated, in rel...Category
Antique 1890s English Sporting Art Sports Equipment and MemorabiliaMaterials
CeramicH 4.53 in. Dm 3.35 in.$307
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBA fine original painting, "The Tennis Player". The picture is of a good size and mix method, pencil, pastel and ...Category
20th Century British Sporting Art PaintingsMaterials
PaperH 21.66 in. W 18.9 in. D 1.19 in.$1,046
- By Denis DiderotLocated in Oxfordshire, GBA set of rare 18th century Tennis engravings. The nine engravings are images of real tennis rackets, how they ar...Category
Antique 1780s French Sporting Art DrawingsMaterials
PaperH 9.06 in. W 6.7 in. D 0.79 in.$2,582 / set
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBBronze tennis player statue. Vintage bronze male tennis player figure mounted onto a mahogany plinth. The tenni...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Sporting Art Sports Equipment and MemorabiliaMaterials
BronzeH 34.5 in. W 12.5 in. D 19 in.$1,674
You May Also Like
Late 19th Century German Ceramic Beer Stein
Located in New York, NY
Cream colored ceramic stein with a curved ceramic handle with a molded leaf design and a conical pewter lid with a pewter thumb lift and pewter mountings with embossed floral designs...
Antique Late 19th Century German Barware
Early 20th Century German Stoneware Beer Stein
Located in New York, NY
Gray glazed stoneware beer stein with a curved ceramic handle with a domed pewter lid with a pewter thumb-lift. Transfer printed in blue is a scene of a soldier, a religious Jew, sca...
Early 20th Century German Historical Memorabilia
1905 Tennis Stein
Located in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Pewter and copper stein marked "Knollwood Country Club Tennis Handicap Singles 1st Prize". Won by Percy S. Hildreth July 22, 23, 1905. With glass bottom. 1905. Measures: 6" H x 4" D....
Antique Early 1900s American Barware
Antique Bohemian Moser Enameled Glass Beer Stein, 19th Century
By Moser Glassworks
Located in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
An exceptional antique bohemian green glass beer stein, attributed to Moser with a courting couple set amidst scroll and floral designs with finely applied detail and bright and colo...
Antique 19th Century Czech Bohemian Glass
Set of Three Antique German Beer Steins, 1900s
Located in Nürnberg, DE
A lot of three german beer steins. Each made in Germany circa 1900s or older. Absolutely gorgeous pieces still in great condition, without damage. One is a 1/4 Liter Stein and two of...
Antique Early 1900s German Folk Art Pottery
19th Century German Beer Stein
Located in Vienna, AT
Stoneware 1/2 liter beer stein with an original pewter hinged lid. The body is decorated with a tavern scene. Made in Germany, circa 1880. Some repairs.
Antique 1880s German More Dining and Entertaining
Set of Three Vintage German Beer Steins
Located in Washington Crossing, PA
Set of three vintage German beer steins Stamped Measurements in inches: 5.5 D x 11.5 H 3 D x 7.5 H 4.5 D x 8.5 H.
Early 20th Century German Pottery
$495 / set
Late 18th Century German Beer Stein
Located in Vienna, AT
Beer mugl, Germany, second half of the 1700, lid and mugl made of tin with initials and years in cartouche, A.B. 1793.
Antique 1790s German More Dining and Entertaining