A striking example of Wood's famous lusterware, this iridescent gold bowl is a alluring contrast of Primitive form and luxurious finish with beautiful variations in its shading and textures, accented by scattered drip lines and pooling. Dates to circa 1960.
- CreatorBeatrice Wood (Artist)
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1960
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Very good original condition with no noted chips. Single hairline which is surely original to the piece and caused during the cooling process - - it's only observed under a serious macro-inspection.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 3.75 in. x Dm 8.75 in.
H 9.53 cm x Dm 22.23 cm
- Diameter8.75 in. (22.23 cm)
- Seller locationBrooklyn, NY
- Reference numberLU88267791443
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Brooklyn, NY
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like