Black Oxides on carved stoneware underlined with acrylic. From the north of Spain's mountains, where she worked on oversized granit blocks during the 1970s in Hecho, to the work of marble and clay, Josette Barbier (1930-2016) talks about women and earth. Josette Barbier's work has been celebrated in numerous French Art Fairs and exhibitions, as the Salon d'Automne and the Salon de Mai. We are proud to present her work in a common exhibition with her husband's and celebrate so more than 50 years of creativity and generosity of this talented couple. We invite you to visit our storefront to see more of their sculptural art works.
- CreatorJosette Barbier (Artist)
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1990
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. This striking piece comes directly from the Artist's garden which enhanced its original beautiful patina..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 18.12 in. x W 14.97 in. x D 10.24 in.
H 46 cm x W 38 cm x D 26 cm
- Seller locationSaint Ouen, FR
- Seller reference numberArtocarpus
- Reference numberLU99751489372
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2013
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Saint Ouen, FR
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like