A lovely, highly-detailed French faience soup tureen, with handles, feet and nicely-sculpted vegetable decorated cover (18th century). The top cover has a radish, carrot and scallion. The painted decoration on the sides includes a shield with fleur-de-lis. The piece is marked underneath, "VP 1777" (mark for Veuve Perrin, Marseilles).
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1780
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Good overall. Handles and feet have some old chips, and there are scattered minor chips to rim of top. Overall wear to surface, consistent with its age and use, but no apparent cracks. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 9.5 in.
H 24.13 cm
- Diameter12 in. (30.48 cm)
- Seller locationPembroke, MA
- Seller reference number#1827B
- Reference numberLU83856064453
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Pembroke, MA
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like