Items Similar to Japanese Imari Enameled Porcelain Blue Medallion Plates, Set of Eight View More
Japanese Imari Enameled Porcelain Blue Medallion Plates, Set of Eight
A set of eight, early 19th century, polychrome porcelain, deep-dish plates. Under glazed, and hand enameled, with a central blue floral medallion, surrounded by a pattern of large and small cartouches of gilded floral geometrics in characteristic Imari colors. The verso shows a running border in blue and bittersweet red. Measures: 9.5 in. diameter. Very good antique condition, decoration is intact, no chips or cracks. Provenance: From the Estate of Jacob and Marian Javits, Sutton Place, NYC.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1800s
- Materials and TechniquesEnameledPorcelain
- Condition DetailsVery good antique condition, decoration is intact, no chips or cracks.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 1.5 in. x Dm 9.5 in.H 3.81 cm x Dm 24.13 cm
- Diameter9.5 in. (24.13 cm)
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Sold AsSet of 8
- Reference NumberLU1758211026813
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2015
Located in Philadelphia, PA
More From This Seller
Japanese Imari Enameled Porcelain Floral and Ge...
Antique Early 19th Century Japanese Japonisme Dinner Plates
A set of eight 19th century, polychrome porcelain, scallop rimmed, deep-dish plates. Underglazed, hand enameled, with a central floral motif, bordered by gilded geometric patterns in...
GS&H Etruscan American Majolica Cauliflower Dinner Plates, Set of Eight
By Griffen, Smith and Hill
$1,800 / set
GS&H Etruscan American Majolica Cauliflower Din...
Griffen, Smith and Hill
Antique 19th Century American Aesthetic Movement Dinner Plates
An assembled set of eight Etruscan majolica cauliflower plates, by Griffen, Smith & Hill, circa 1880-1885. Founded in Pennsylvania, GS&H is the best known of the American majolic...
Ironstone Polychrome Divided Chop Grill Plates,...
J. Marshall & Co.
Antique Mid-19th Century Scottish Chinoiserie Dinner Plates
A set of eight ironstone polychrome transferware printed divided chop or grill plates. The pattern is ‘Bosphorus,’ inspired by a region near Istanbul, Turkey. Attributed to J.Mar...
Satsuma Porcelain Crescent Shape Hand-Enameled ...
Antique 19th Century Japanese Aesthetic Movement Dinner Plates
A Japanese Satsuma porcelain, crescent shaped oyster plate, circa 1875-1895. Beautifully hand-enameled in the raised Moriage technique, five oyster wells and two smaller cockle shell...