Items Similar to 1920s Halloween Mask Mold by the American Mask Company
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
1920s Halloween Mask Mold by the American Mask Company
A brick fired clay Halloween mask mold when masks were made by wrapping gauze around the face, painting the details in and covering the front and back to set the piece in wax. From the American Mask Company in Findlay Ohio established in 1884 closing in 1969 because of the introduction of the plastic mask market, wired to the back for hanging.
- Similar toClay Mosaics & Ceramics Inc. NY (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 9.25 in. (23.5 cm)Width: 6 in. (15.24 cm)Depth: 6 in. (15.24 cm)
- StyleFolk Art (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1920s-1930s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. In great vintage condition for an item that has been handled and used , one small chip to the back edge as seen in the photos .
- Seller LocationCincinnati, OH
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU925117071291
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Cincinnati, OH
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Cincinnati, OH
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1991
1stDibs seller since 2012
514 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Custom Teak Presentation Side Table by the Chris Craft Boat CompanyBy Chris Craft BoatsLocated in Cincinnati, OHA custom well crafted teak wood side table with brass engraved plaque " To Gite Van Kampen / February 1983 from the Fellow Employees at Chris Craft " made using high quality boat gra...Category
Mid-20th Century American Adirondack Side TablesMaterials
- Molded Fiberglass Table Prototype in the style of EamesLocated in Cincinnati, OHA molded fiberglass coffee table sitting on matching legs with a great design and engineering aesthetic. A hard to find early modern look from the Mid Century period in the manner of...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Cast Brass Cat Sculpture by DewittBy Andrew DewittLocated in Cincinnati, OHA very nice mid century cat sculpture cast in brass sitting on an oval satin black wood base, to the lower edge of the piece is the cast signature of the artist Dewitt.Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Animal SculpturesMaterials
- 1980s Large Female Head Sculpture by AustinBy Austin ProductionsLocated in Cincinnati, OHA large plaster female bust in the 1980s vibe reminiscent of Studio 54 in satin white on a wooden base, signed to the back neck area Austin Products 1987, Fischer.Category
Late 20th Century American Modern BustsMaterials
- Vintage Glass Cocktail Shaker by Cambridge Glass CompanyLocated in Cincinnati, OHA very modern looking early heavy glass cocktail shaker with round ball top , frosted edge to the collar with two pour spout areas . The top has cut grooves to each end for shots or ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
- Industrial Molded Plywood Dining ChairsBy Grand Rapids Furniture Co.Located in Cincinnati, OHA set of six molded industrial styled plywood dining chairs with painted metal gray H-bases having hard plastic ball foot pads. The chairs are very comfortable having a springy feel ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Industrial Dining Room ChairsMaterials
Bentwood$1,800 / set
You May Also Like
Carved Theatre Mask
Located in London, GB
Item: Mid-20th century carved wooden theatre mask This item was discovered in France and would have originally been used in the early to mid-20th Century theatre production, the m...
Vintage 1940s European Folk Art Masks
Pre-Columbian Style Terra Cotta Mask
By Lipscombe & Co.
Located in New York, NY
An elaborately sculpted terra cotta stone building fragment mask with a wonderful patina. English, 19th century.
Antique 19th Century English Folk Art Sculptures
"Sharp is the Action" Mask Sculpture by Dave Root, High-Fire Stoneware, Signed
Located in Kansas City, MO
From a series of masks and heads, "Sharp is the Action" is a tabletop sculpture inspired by the masks and heads made throughout Oceania. Landing in the nebulous zone between ceremony...
2010s American Modern Masks
White Plaster Death Mask Male Head on Stand
Located in Los Angeles, CA
White plaster death mask male head on stand. A plaster cast of a males head, possibly a death mask or a mold for a Hollywood prosthetic. The head is heavy and on a stand that is part...
20th Century Folk Art Busts
$540 Sale Price
Yoruba Egungun Headdress Mask
By Yoruba People
Located in Chicago, IL
Attributed to the Yoruba people of western Nigeria, this wooden headdress was worn during a masquerade known as egungun. A widespread Yoruba ritual, egungun performances honor a comm...
Early 20th Century Nigerian Tribal Masks
Baule Ndoma Portrait Mask
By Baule Tribe
Located in Chicago, IL
To relieve stress and uplift their community, the Baule people of modern-day Côte d'Ivoire engage in a daylong masquerade known as the Mblo. A series of dances that escalate in compl...
Early 20th Century Ivorian Tribal Masks
Mende Women's Helmet Mask
Located in Chicago, IL
This helmet mask created by the Mende people of Sierra Leone was made for the women of their tribe to wear while dancing. Commissioned by women for their initiation ceremonies, the m...
Mid-20th Century Sierra Leonean Tribal Masks
Ceramic Mask by F. Labelle with a Metal Base, circa 1980-1990
Located in Neuilly-en- sancerre, FR
An interesting ceramic mask by F. Labelle, with a metal base. Signed "Labelle". Unique piece. Perfect original conditions, circa 1980-1990.
20th Century French Beaux Arts Abstract Sculptures
Large Baga Nimba Carved Wood and Raffia Headdress or Mask, Guinea-Bissau 20th C
Located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
This expressive Baga Nimba headdress or mask was worn on top of woman's head with the raffia and adding clothing were concealing the body. The use of these masks was dancing at ferti...
Late 20th Century Guinea-Bissauan Folk Art Masks
Very Important “Nwantantay” African Dance Mask
Located in San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon
Very important “Nwantamtay” dance African mask, consisting of three sections: The upper in plain rectangular shape surmounted by a crescent shape moon, the middle with beautiful geom...
Early 20th Century Burkinabe Primitive Masks