Horned Leather Mask
Inspired by the Ram, the symbol of Aries. Dark reds and blacks drape this deliciously sinister Silhouette. This piece is wearable art, making it perfect for a masquerade, costume party, Halloween, or as a beautiful shelf or wall piece. Adjustable leather straps with metal buckles allow for flexibility and extreme comfort during wear. The frame of the mask is also adjustable, so you may adjust it to the shape of your face. This mask is handmade with vegetable-tanned cow leather. For the best fit, please inquire about measurements. The pictured piece is in stock and can be remade with any customization. This style is rooted in Commedia Dell'Arté, a masked form of theatre rooted in Italy spanning the 1500s through the 1700s. This style inspired even Shakespeare's work and is best known for the famous character Arlecchino, who later became Harley Quinn with the image of the court jester. I am open to completely customized commissions. Please allow me to make your ideas a reality. Inquire within.
- Production TimeAvailable Now
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2014
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsWorn for two events to promote the artist - A festival and an independent film
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 8 in. x W 10 in. x D 14.5 in.H 20.32 cm x W 25.4 cm x D 36.83 cm
- Seller LocationBrooklyn, NY
- Reference NumberLU302138644213
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About The Maker
Arté MasksView Profile
My name is Majd Murad, and I am the artist behind Arté Masks. The name comes from Commedia Dell'Arté, a masked style of theatre from Italy in the 1500s. My teachers taught me the method derived from the history of this theatre form, which comes mainly from historical text and some antique examples. Rather than focus on the classic characters from Commedia Dell'Arté, I have branched off to create my own expressive creatures. Some are dark, some are light, but all are unique, sturdy pieces with flexible wiring to adapt to the wearer. The pieces I create can be decorative for shelf, wall, or your own face as they are intended as wearables. Any piece in my gallery or featured in my store is 100% customizable. I can remake any piece to fit your fancy, or we can start a commission from scratch. I would love to design something just for you.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Brooklyn, NY
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
You May Also Like
Pre-Columbian Style Terra Cotta Mask
Lipscombe & Co.
Very Important “Nwantantay” African Dance Mask
Exceptional Dan Mask Africa, circa 1880