- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Amazing Maison Baguès Gilt and Crystal Glass Chandelier
- CreatorMaison Baguès (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 25.99 in. (66 cm)Diameter: 16.54 in. (42 cm)
- StyleHollywood Regency (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1967
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationMunich, DE
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1005022092692
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: 22089 , Germany
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About Maison Baguès (Manufacturer)
Since its establishment in 1860, the Maison Baguès has been an emblem of French sophistication in luxury lighting design. Each piece the firm makes is hand-assembled using traditional techniques in order to emphasize the elegance and excellence of their detailed artisanal work. Still the epitome of savoir-faire, Maison Baguès’ luxurious pieces are prized for their craftsmanship, beauty and harmony.
The master metalsmith Noël Baguès founded the company as specialists in liturgical bronzes, but by 1880 the company had expanded into the production of bronze light fixtures in response to the development of electrical lighting. Carried on by Noël’s son Eugène and grandsons Victor and Robert, Maison Baguès continued to progress, adding intricately detailed iron lighting collections in the 1920s as well as stair banisters, gates and accessory tables.
Baguès began selling internationally in the interwar period, expanding the company’s operation to New York, Rome and Cairo. Noted for their high-end handcrafted work, such as complex carved sconces and hand-strung crystal chandeliers, Maison Baguès appealed to an elite clientele. While Baguès’ Art Deco crystal lighting fixtures drew the most attention, the company was also known for bespoke metalwork that drew commissions from important interior designers and decorating firms such as Maison Jansen and Raymond Subes. The idiosyncratic genius Armand-Albert Rateau used Maison Baguès accessories to decorate the interiors of Jeanne Lanvin’s town home in 1928. Maison Baguès products have also been featured in luxury hotels like Paris's George V and the Savoy in London.
Today, Maison Baguès continues its history of delicate, detailed work and devotes much of its enterprise to preserving the company’s heritage through restoration. Their efforts are worth it. As you will see on 1stDibs, Maison Baguès remains the last word in classic French lighting and metalwork.
- By Maison BaguèsLocated in Munich, DEBrass base with bamboo texture, shades are made in tiffany glass art way - the material is shell like....Category
Vintage 1970s French Hollywood Regency Floor LampsMaterials
- By Maison BaguèsLocated in Munich, DEVery unusual Maison Baguès wall scones gilded metal and crystal. With original shades.Category
Vintage 1960s French Hollywood Regency Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- By Maison BaguèsLocated in Munich, DEAmazing gilt bronze side table by Maison Bagues, France 1940, high end quality with a etched antic mirror top.Category
Vintage 1940s French Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials
- By Maison BaguèsLocated in Munich, DEWonderful in every detail. Gilded metal, crystal glass and quite big.Category
Vintage 1970s French Hollywood Regency Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
Vintage 1940s French Art Deco Chandeliers and Pendants
Crystal, Wrought Iron
Early 20th Century French Louis XV Chandeliers and Pendants
Crystal, Rock Crystal, Iron, Silver Leaf
Vintage 1940s French Chandeliers and Pendants
20th Century Italian Belle Époque Chandeliers and Pendants
Early 20th Century French Louis XVI Chandeliers and Pendants
Vintage 1940s French Rococo Chandeliers and Pendants
Crystal, Wrought Iron
20th Century Chandeliers and Pendants
Crystal, Rock Crystal, Metal