- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Stilnovo Brass Chandelier
- CreatorStilnovo (Manufacturer)
- Similar toGio Ponti (Designer)Angelo Lelii (Designer)Arredoluce (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 43.31 in (110 cm)Diameter: 21.26 in (54 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesBrass,Enameled
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1950s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationDronten, NL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU931427315252
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dronten, Netherlands
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Though Bruno Gatta (1904–76) founded Stilnovo way back in 1946, it is still one of the most instantly recognizable names in lighting. Gatta began his business in Milan, and, like many European creatives designing furniture and decor in the wake of World War II, Stilnovo leaned toward the new wave of mass-market and streamlined styles. In fact, Stilnovo loosely translates to “new style” in Italian, and vintage Stilnovo lighting has endured as a practical choice for those looking to bring innovative and forward-thinking design into their homes.
Soon after Stilnovo was established, Gatta’s lighting fixtures were applauded throughout Europe for their novel industrial materials as well as their unique yet functional shapes. Italy in the 1950s was forming a completely revolutionized look, and Bruno Gatta and Stilnovo’s head designer, Angelo Gaetano Sciolari, helped shape it. When the 1960s arrived, Stilnovo was experiencing such a boom that the company opened a new production plant in Lainate. One of the brand’s most famous pieces, Giovanni Luigi Gorgoni’s quirky 1965 Buonanotte spherical table lamp, became a best seller.
Gatta partnered with some of the most well-known names in design, including Ettore Sottsass, Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni, Joe Colombo and Gae Aulenti. Sottsass’s pieces for Stilnovo, including the 1977 Valigia four-legged table lamp, the 1968 Lampros chandelier and Manifesto ceiling light, and the Castiglionis’ 1957 Saliscendi pendant light fixtures are some of the brand’s most recognizable to date. In 1978, De Pas, D’Urbino and Lomazzi designed the Fante lamp with an adjustable reflector that playfully recalls a broad-brimmed hat.
Stilnovo’s designs, including Danilo and Corrado Aroldi’s flexible Periscope table lamp, were featured in the 1972 exhibition “Italy: The New Domestic Landscape” at the Museum of Modern Art. While Stilnovo continued to operate with new designer collaborations after Gatta’s death, it closed its doors in 1988. Italian art director Massimo Anselmi acquired the company in 2012 and rereleased several of Stilnovo’s most celebrated pieces. Then in 2019, lighting giant Linea Light Group purchased Stilnovo and relaunched its classic designs with contemporary touches like LED lighting systems.
- Italian 1960s ChandelierBy Arteluce, ArredoluceLocated in Dronten, NLGrey enameled brass chandelier with frosted glass shades made in Italy, circa 1960. Complete with the integrated canopy that is part of the design. Wired for use in the USA. Unmar...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Set of Two Italian Sconces in Brass and LuciteBy Gio Ponti, Angelo Lelii, Arteluce, Stilnovo, Gino SarfattiLocated in Dronten, NLPair of tall, important Italian wall lamps in brass with acrylic shades with a pull cord switch. Beautiful lights from the era when designers like Gino Sarfatti, Gio Ponti and Angel...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
Brass$6,450 / set
- Chandelier by Carl FagerlundBy Carl Fagerlund, OrreforsLocated in Dronten, NLBrass chandelier with crystal shades over amber glass interior shades designed by Carl Fagerlund for Orrefors, Sweden, circa 1960s. Many museums, churches and headquarters of larg...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Original Max Sauze Orion ChandelierBy Max SauzeLocated in Dronten, NLBeautiful early Orion chandelier designed by French sculptor Max Sauze in all original vintage condition. The Orion chandelier was presented at the 1967 'Salon des artistes et decor...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Orrefors Pressed Glass and Brass PendantBy Carl Fagerlund, OrreforsLocated in Dronten, NLA Mid-Century Modern crystal and brass pendant consisting of multiple pieces of pressed glass around a brass frame designed by Carl Fagerlund for Orrefors, Sweden.Category
Mid-20th Century Swedish Scandinavian Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Fluorescent Postmodern Chandelier by Gian Nicola GiganteBy Zerbetto, Gian Nicola GiganteLocated in Dronten, NLLarge chandelier or pendant by Gian Nicola Gigante for Zerbetto, Italy, 1980s. This designer is known for his fluorescent floor lamps. This 'black floating insect' has two wings, e...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Large Modern Italian Chandelier in Style of Stilnovo Opalin Brass "Quilla"By Arredoluce, Stilnovo, Angelo LeliiLocated in Lyon, FRLarge modern Italian chandelier in the style of the work of Stilnovo or Arredoluce. Very decorative chandelier.Category
2010s Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Stilnovo Mid-Century Modern Brass 16-Light Sputnik Chandelier, circa 1950By Angelo Lelii, StilnovoLocated in Aci Castello, ITA Sputnik chandelier made in Italy in the 1950s by Stilnovo, brass has been cleaned but maintain its vibrant vintage look, original wiring, triple type of lighting, 8-light up, eight...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Large Mid-Century design Minimalist Brass Italian 1950 Chandelier stilnovo styleBy Arredoluce, StilnovoLocated in Ijzendijke, NLLess is more , displayed perfectly by this mid-century Italian design chandelier from the 1950s in the famous design style of Stilnovo / Arredoluce. Nice large model with 16 light so...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- 20th Century Stilnovo Chandelier with Opaline Glass Diffuser and Brass StructureBy Angelo Lelii, StilnovoLocated in Turin, TurinStilnovo Chandelier designed in '50s. The chandelier has a brass structure, the diffuser is in opaline glass and then covered by brass slats. Perfect for entrance, dining room or liv...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
- Adjustable Triennale 3 Arms Chandelier Brass, Stilnovo Style, Three Hues of BlueBy Arteluce, Arredoluce, StilnovoLocated in Tavarnelle val di Pesa, FlorenceBespoke chandelier with three arms that are counterbalanced. That allows to move the arms up and down. The heads are on a pivotting joint to they can reach any desired angle. This c...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and...Materials
Aluminum, Metal, Brass
- 1950s Sculptural Kaiser 6 Light Chandelier Teak Brass White Glass Stilnovo StyleBy Kaiser Leuchten, Stilnovo, ArredoluceLocated in Nierstein am Rhein, DECool sculptural six-light architect chandelier in the style of Stilnovo Italy and Angelo Lelii for Arredoluce. Signed with rest of remaining oval company label and manufactured by fa...Category
Vintage 1950s German Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
Metal, Brass$3,453 Sale Price23% Off
Recently ViewedView More
Sara Story Entertains in Her Festive Hudson Valley Home
The designer mixes heirloom pieces and new favorites to create a traditional-with-a-twist holiday setting.
Barnaba Fornasetti’s Hallucinatory House Has His Father’s Spirit
Behind a nondescript facade in northeastern Milan is the magical residence of Barnaba Fornasetti. It's a shrine to the style developed by his design-legend father, which still defies categorization.