This 18th Century Yoroi Japanese Decorative Samurai Armour with Original Box is no longer available.
View Similar Items View More
18th Century Yoroi Japanese Decorative Samurai Armour with Original Box
This beautifully preserved, light-weight Japanese samurai armour was made during the Edo period (1603-1868) and comes with its original inscribed red armour box "Gusoku-bitsu". Its components are connected by rivets and dark blue "odoshi." The latter describes a macrame cord, made from braided silk. This is a complete set of a brown helmet with a gold flower motif; shoulder, arm, chest and shin guards, as well as a protective skirt.
- In the Style OfEdo
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureEdo Period
- Materials and TechniquesSilk,LacqueredMetal
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 62.6 in. x W 19.3 in. x D 20.08 in.H 159 cm x W 49 cm x D 51 cm
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Seller Reference NumberEAa034
- Reference NumberLU240436089163
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Located in London, GB
More From This Seller
Snake, Yoshitsuya Utagawa, Original Japanese Wo...
Antique Mid-19th Century Japanese Edo More Asian Art, Objects and Furniture
Artist: Yoshitsuya Utagawa (1822-1866) Title: The Picture of Kintaro Publisher: Ebiya Rinnosuke Date: 1847-1852 Dimensions: 24.7 x 36.9 cm. There are not too few tales of mons...
Floating World Art, Original Japanese Woodblock...
Antique Late 18th Century Japanese Edo More Asian Art, Objects and Furni...
Artist: Choki Eishosai [signed Shiko Momokawa] (act. 1781-1813) Title: Parody of Urashima Taro Publisher: Tsutaya Juzaburo Date: Late 18th/ Early 19th century Dimensions: (L) 22...
Original Japanese Woodblock Print, Floating Wor...
Antique Mid-19th Century Japanese Edo Prints
Artist: Kunifuku Utagawa (fl. 1854-1864) Title: The Picture of Lord Tametomo Attacking a Giant Bird Publisher: Izutsuya Date: 1862 Dimensions: (L) 24.6 x 36.4 (C) 24.5 x 36.2 (R)...
18th Century Golden Calligraphy Set Box with Pl...
Antique 18th Century Japanese Edo Metalwork
A late 18th century calligraphy set box of rectangular form with an integral ink stone and a fitted case. The golden kinji coated lid is decorated with an image of a blossoming plum ...