Items Similar to Aluminium and copper artisan desk model of a Latécoère 521 flying boat, 1930s
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
Aluminium and copper artisan desk model of a Latécoère 521 flying boat, 1930s
Latécoère 521 ‘Lieutenant de Vaisseau Paris’ (France) A polished aluminium and copper artisan made desk model in the form of a Latécoère 521, the French six-engined flying boat and one of the first large trans-Atlantic passenger aircrafts, first flown in 1935. Detailed with pierced windows, and engines mounted as tandem push-pull pairs with Plexiglas ‘rotating’ propellers. The plane rests on a cantilevered tubular stand, the base made from a modified piston.
- DimensionsHeight: 10.24 in. (26 cm)Width: 13 in. (33 cm)Depth: 18.9 in. (48 cm)
- StyleIndustrial (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1930s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor structural damages.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 64101stDibs: LU868021284862
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$175 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 7-9 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in London, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1998
1stDibs seller since 2009
32 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 3 hours
20th Century Specialists
More From This Seller
- Located in London, GBAn extremely high quality large novelty cigar box in the form of an early motorcar, the hardwood construction wi...Category
Vintage 1930s Italian Other Tobacco AccessoriesMaterials
- By Anthony HoltLocated in London, GBAn extraordinarily detailed and immaculately recreated Sterling silver 1:12 scale model of Bentley’s 1929 superc...Category
2010s European Art Deco Models and MiniaturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Brass Model of a Sunderland Flying Boat
Located in London, GB
Amazing solid cast brass model of a Short Brothers Sunderland flying boat patrol bomber, circa 1940 on newly made aluminium stand. One of the most outstanding British seaplanes ever...
Vintage 1940s English Aviation Objects
Bassett-Lowke Clockwork Model Boat, circa 1930s
By Bassett Lowke 1
Located in London, GB
A rare 1930s clockwork model river launch/cabin cruiser ‘Margaret Rose’, so named following the birth of Princess Margaret in 1930. Made by Bassett-Lowke, with streamlined white and ...
Vintage 1930s British Nautical Objects
Pair of 1930s Model Wooden Gliders
Located in London, GB
Two finely carved, laminated wooden models of gliders from one of the German airfields such as Oerlinghausen or Scharfoldendorf. The larger model is mounted on a Perspex stand that s...
Vintage 1930s German Aviation Objects
$849 / set
Sailboat Model, Painted Wood Body, 1930s
Located in Buenos Aires, Olivos
Sailboat model on stand. Painted wood body and bronze accessories. Made between 1920s-1930s. Very nice restored conditions. Very decorative item, perfect for any nautical fan. ...
20th Century Unknown Art Deco Nautical Objects
1930s Ronson Lighter and Ashtray Model 8864
By Ronson Art Metal Works
Located in Stamford, CT
Circa 1930s Ronson lighter striker monkey manufactured by Art Metal Works Inc., also known as Ronson between 1930-1940 in Newark, New Jersey. The striker wand is on the top of the mo...
Vintage 1930s American Mid-Century Modern Tobacco Accessories
Pair of Vintage Copper Decorative Plates, Italy, 1930s
Located in Roma, IT
Vintage decorative copper plates is a pair of decorative handcrafted objects realized in Italy in the 1930s to celebrate aviation and parachuting. It is in line with the futurist ce...
Vintage 1930s Italian Decorative Dishes and Vide-Poche
$1,474 Sale Price / set
Cased Model of the Flying Cloud
Located in Norwell, MA
Antique model of the American clipper ship Flying Cloud. Model is circa 1930. Details include scribed varnished wood deck, cabins, hatches, skylight, livestock coop, etc. Mounted int...
Vintage 1930s Nautical Objects
Antique School Model from the 1930s
Located in Wien, AT
A math class cuboid with the old lacquer in typical Bauhaus colors and a nice patina.
Mid-20th Century Czech Minimalist Architectural Models
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery