Items Similar to Black Cast Iron Book Press, circa 1900 View More
Black Cast Iron Book Press, circa 1900
Black cast iron book press with gold decoration. Square base. Screw mechanism with ball shaped handles, circa 1900. Pressing plate holds 9" x 11.5" book or object to be flattened. The press is 18" H when the plate is lifted all the way. Weighs 50 lbs if not a bit more.
- Production TimeAvailable Now
- Of the PeriodAesthetic Movement
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Date of Manufacture1900
- Materials and TechniquesForged
- Condition Detailswell worn, but still functional.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 13.5 in. x W 15.5 in. x D 10.25 in.H 34.29 cm x W 39.37 cm x D 26.04 cm
- Seller LocationHudson, NY
- Reference NumberLU946811726751
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.7 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2012
Located in Hudson, NY
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
19th Century Black Painted Cast Iron Hall Tree
American Coat Racks and Stands
Pair of Diminutive French Cast Iron Jardinieres
French Planters and Jardinieres
Jean Patou Velvet Toque with Marabou Feather Tassels
By Jean Patou
Jean Patou Velvet Toque with Marabou Feather Ta...
French Collectible Jewelry
You May Also Like
American Cast Iron Book Press. Circa 1820
Black Forged Iron Book Press, France, Early 1900s
French Wooden and Iron Cheese Press, circa 1900
French Scientific Instruments
Cast Iron Diver's Helmet, circa 1900s
Snead and Co.
American Collectibles and Curiosities
Ornate Antique 19th C Cast Iron Classical Dolph...
Russell & Erwin Manufacturing Co.