- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Rolex Stainless Steel and Yellow Gold Two-Tone Ladies Datejust Wristwatch
- CreatorRolex (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 7 in. (17.78 cm)Width: 1.25 in. (3.18 cm)Depth: 7 in. (17.78 cm)
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1980s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU127329254513
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Rolex (Manufacturer)
Ask anyone, anywhere, to name a luxury watch brand, and the answer will probably be “Rolex.” This enviable worldwide recognition can be credited in part to the genius of company founder Hans Wilsdorf. When the German-born watch dealer and his brother-in-law, Alfred Davis, set up their London enterprise, in 1905, they called it Wilsdorf & Davis, according to the traditional formula.
But Wilsdorf was determined to come up with another name that was short, would look good on a watch dial and was easy to say and remember in several languages. In 1908, he trademarked the name Rolex, and by 1920, he had moved the company to Geneva and redubbed it as Montres Rolex S.A.
But the main reasons for the brand’s success are its commitment to precision and unflagging pursuit of innovation. In 1926, the company introduced the aptly named Oyster model. With a screw-down crown and case back, both fitted with rubber gaskets, this was the first truly waterproof watch.
Five years later, Rolex upped the ante with the Oyster Perpetual. That model’s patented Perpetual movement contained a rotor mechanism enabling it to self-wind. In another trendsetting move, in 1945, the brand debuted the Datejust, with a date window prominently displayed on the dial.
The company’s two most iconic models are sports watches. Although the Submariner, which debuted in 1953, was developed as a dive watch, its waterproof case, solid construction and good looks made it a favorite of adventurers and urbanites alike, including James Bond, who wore it in classics like Dr. No and Goldfinger. The Daytona, the racing chronograph made famous by Paul Newman, is especially sought after by collectors. Newman’s personal Daytona, which hit the auction block in 2017, sold for $17.8 million.
Find vintage and contemporary Rolex watches, bracelets and more on 1stDibs.
- By RolexLocated in Philadelphia, PAAn iconic Classic, this Rolex Datejust model dates to 1971, and truly looks amazing. It features a beautiful gra...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Collectible JewelryMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PAThree dimensional wire and stainless steel anatomically correct bull sculpture in the style of Fredrick Weinberg.Category
Mid-20th Century North American Mid-Century Modern Animal SculpturesMaterials
- By Edward WormleyLocated in Philadelphia, PAA pair of exceptionally rare and unusual round occasional tables in walnut and rosewood with Micarta tops and st...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern GueridonMaterials
Stainless Steel$8,100 Sale Price / set22% Off
- Located in Philadelphia, PAA vintage, unused, stovetop espresso maker from Italy circa 1970s. It features all stainless steel and brass con...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Tea SetsMaterials
Brass, Stainless Steel
- By Arthur UmanoffLocated in Philadelphia, PAArthur Umanoff olivewood and chrome desk. Great looking desk with burled olivewood top and two hidden drawers on...Category
Mid-20th Century North American Mid-Century Modern DesksMaterials
- By Paul EvansLocated in Philadelphia, PAA beautiful and substantial piece from the 1970s. It consists of a heavy steel base with decorative drip welds, ...Category
Vintage 1970s American Brutalist Side TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1940s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Collectible Jewelry
Vintage 1940s Swiss Collectible Jewelry
Vintage 1930s North American Art Deco More Clocks
Mid-20th Century American Modern Collectible Jewelry
Early 20th Century English Art Deco Collectible Jewelry
Gold, Sterling Silver
Mid-20th Century North American Art Deco More Clocks
Crystal, Gold, Enamel, Steel
20th Century Unknown Victorian Collectible Jewelry
2010s Italian Sports Equipment and Memorabilia
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery