Items Similar to Pair of 19th Century French Bronze Lions on Marble Bases Signed J. Moigniez View More
Pair of 19th Century French Bronze Lions on Marble Bases Signed J. Moigniez
Fine pair of antique bookends from France, circa 1880, featuring two patinated bronze lions resting on green marble bases. Plaque on the front which reads J. Moigniez. Jules Moigniez (28 May 1835 – 29 May 1894) was a French animalier sculptor who worked during the 19th century. His output was primarily cast in bronze and he frequently exhibited his sculptures at the Paris Salon. Excellent condition. Would make wonderful lamps as well! Measures: 9.75" W x 5" D x 6" H.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 6 in. x W 9.75 in. x D 5 in.H 15.24 cm x W 24.77 cm x D 12.7 cm
- Seller LocationDallas, TX
- Seller Reference Number162-523
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU95126984343
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.8 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2012
Located in Dallas, TX
More From This Seller
19th Century French Pewter Inkwell with Lion Sc...
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XV Inkwells
Place this elegant antique signed inkwell in a man’s office. Created in France, circa 1880, the pewter desk accessory sits on four small curved feet, and features a proud lion figure...
19th Century French Green Marble Inkwell with B...
Antique Late 19th Century French Empire Inkwells
Decorate your desk or study with this large inkwell, which was crafted in France, circa 1880. Situated on a curved green marble base, the antique desk accessory features a bronze eag...
19th Century French Patinated Brass Vide-Poche ...
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XV Decorative Dishes and Vide-Poche
Catch loose change or other odds and ends with this 19th century decorative dish. Crafted in France circa 1880, this piece is an essential for a desktop or entryway. The ornate vide-...
Pair of 19th Century English Marble Elephants S...
Antique Mid-19th Century English Animal Sculptures
Make a statement in your entry with this pair of antique, marble elephant sculptures. Made in England circa 1860, the hand carved animals stand on a rectangular base that's embellish...