Items Similar to Antique Fireside Screen, English, Panel, Needlepoint, Tapestry, Regency
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
Antique Fireside Screen, English, Panel, Needlepoint, Tapestry, Regency
This is an antique fireside screen. An English, ebonized mahogany and glass panel with needlepoint tapestry screen, dating to the Regency period, circa 1830. Alluring visual appeal for the fireside Displays a desirable aged patina Ebonized mahogany frame offers deep tones beneath the wax polish finish Embroidered panel presented behind glass in good order Sinuous frame with scrolled details along the gently rolled edges The tapestry presenting a large foliate bouquet with colorful palette Emanating from a baluster urn, the bountiful foliage cascades outwards Turned baluster support rising from a gilt foliate bulb, boldly decorated with contrasted fluting Dashing tri-form base with inlaid gilt banding and squat finials to each knee Standing upon broad turnip feet beneath gilt circular knees This is a delightful antique fireside screen, offering attractive protection from the heat of a roaring fireplace. Lovingly finished in striking, contrasting tones, this screen is set to grace any room. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home. Dimensions: Max width 55cm (21.75”) Max depth 40cm (15.75”) Max height 131.5cm (51.75”) Panel width 45cm (17.75”) Panel height 55cm (21.75”).
- DimensionsHeight: 51.78 in. (131.5 cm)Width: 21.66 in. (55 cm)Depth: 15.75 in. (40 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1830
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Presented in very good antique condition.
- Seller LocationHele, Devon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 18.70381stDibs: LU2645322074082
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Hele, Devon, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Hele, Devon, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2017
387 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is an antique pole screen. An English, mahogany fireside screen with tapestry panel, dating to the Regency ...Category
Antique Early 19th Century British Screens and Room DividersMaterials
MahoganyH 55.32 in. W 15.95 in. D 13 in.$1,308
- Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is an antique pole screen, an English, Regency fire screen with needlepoint tapestry panel dating to the ea...Category
Antique Early 19th Century English Regency Screens and Room DividersMaterials
RosewoodH 60.04 in. W 16.54 in. D 13 in.$2,220
- Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is an antique pole screen. An English, Rosewood and needlepoint tapestry adjustable fire screen, dating to ...Category
Antique Early 19th Century British Regency Screens and Room DividersMaterials
RosewoodH 58.27 in. W 14.18 in. D 13 in.$1,726
- Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is an antique pole screen, an English, Victorian fireside piece in mahogany with a needlepoint, tapestry pa...Category
Antique 19th Century English Victorian Screens and Room DividersMaterials
MahoganyH 57.88 in. W 18.12 in. D 18.12 in.$1,246
- Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is an antique pole screen, an English, early Victorian fire screen with needlepoint tapestry panel dating t...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century English Victorian Screens and Room DividersMaterials
Tapestry, MahoganyH 63 in. W 20.87 in. D 20.87 in.$2,123
- Located in Hele, Devon, GBThis is a large antique fire screen with needlepoint tapestry panel in a walnut frame, dating to circa 1850. ...Category
Antique 19th Century Dutch Victorian Screens and Room DividersMaterials
Tapestry, WalnutH 48.04 in. W 31.11 in. D 16.05 in.$2,359
You May Also Like
A Flemish Tapestry Five-Panel Screen
Located in Boston, MA
Each tapestry upholstered panel incorporating Flemish vertical tapestry fragments woven with foliate blossoms and sprays set in a later surround woven frame.
Antique 18th Century and Earlier Belgian Screens and Room Dividers
English Regency Pole Screen
Located in Charleston, SC
English Regency brass pole screen with adjustable framed needlepoint of bird resting on nest terminting on tripod ebonized base.
Antique 18th Century and Earlier English Screens and Room Dividers
French Carved Walnut Fire Screen with Needlepoint Panel
Located in Barntrup, DE
French needlepoint and carved walnut frame fire screen. Needlepoint panel under glass screen, on reverse a red velvet fabric. Dimensions: Height 77 cm / 30.31 in; width 55 cm / 21.6...
Vintage 1920s French Louis XVI Screens and Room Dividers
Fabric, Walnut, Velvet
Six-Panel Tapestry Upholstered Screen, France, 1940s
Located in Isle Sur La Sorgue, Vaucluse
Colorful six-panel folding screen or room divider. Each wood panel is clad in a vivid wool tapestry and framed with blue velvet. Decorative brass nailhead trim. The other side is pla...
Vintage 1940s French Art Deco Screens and Room Dividers
English Kings Wood Needlepoint Fire Screen. Circa 1840
Located in Charleston, SC
English Kings Wood fire screen with urn finials, barley twist supports, original needlepoint with bird and floral motif, terminating on scrolled acanthus legs with original porcelain...
Antique 1840s English William IV Screens and Room Dividers
Late 18th C Scottish Regency Fire Screen with Needlepoint
Located in Charleston, SC
A late-18th century Regency mahogany fire screen, circa 1790, with needle point screen on a carved Cuban mahogany stand.
Antique Late 18th Century Scottish Regency Screens and Room Dividers
18th Century Three Panel Flemish Tapestry Screen
Located in Stamford, CT
18th century three panel Flemish tapestry screen with later frame. The subject matter depicted evolves around harvest and associated themes of fruits, vegetables and game. In very go...
Antique 18th Century Baroque Screens and Room Dividers
Wool, Silk, Wood
English Inlaid Four Paneled Folding Screen
Located in Wilson, NC
English inlaid four paneled folding screen made of mahogany inlaid with satinwood. It has walnut bandings bordered by boxwood and ebony line inlay. There is a carved molded panel ins...
Antique Late 19th Century English Screens and Room Dividers
Glass, Boxwood, Ebony, Mahogany, Satinwood, Walnut, Wood