French Faux Bamboo Coat Hanger, 1920s
A lovely vintage faux bamboo coat hanger in beechwood, French, circa 1925. Turned beechwood construction resembling the old bamboo pieces. Four round hangers on turned spindles set between two long, turned rails with connecting side pieces. Simple metal hangers attached at the top rail. Great functional piece with country aesthetic.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1920s
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsGood rustic vintage condition with minor age appropriate wear throughout. A dowel is broken on the right side piece, the left side piece and one of the spindles have a glued repair. Missing two decorative ball end pieces on top rail
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 7.25 in. x W 33.00 in. x D 4.5 in.H 18.42 cm x W 83.82 cm x D 11.43 cm
- Seller LocationAustin, TX
- Seller Reference NumberDD7
- Reference NumberLU869012889892
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$110Standardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3 to 5 weeks.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2009
Located in Austin, TX
More From This Seller
French Colonial Style Faux Bamboo Coat Hanger, ...
Early 20th Century French French Provincial Coat Racks and Stands
An attractive faux bamboo three hook coat hanger in the French colonial style, circa 1920. Beechwood construction turned and carved to accurately mimic bamboo cane. Three turned dowe...
French Copper Pitcher or Umbrella Stand, 1950s
Mid-20th Century French French Provincial Umbrella Stands
A large vintage copper umbrella stand, circa 1950. Brilliant copper fashioned into a pitcher shape that harkens back to Classic Greco-Roman shapes. The elongated neck has a wide, cur...
$195 Sale Price
French Small Oak Wine Barrel from Provence, 1920s
Early 20th Century French French Provincial Barware
A handsome small oak Wine Barrel from Provence with nailed iron straps. A very decorative piece for the kitchen or the wine room. The rope was added later to hang barrel. The origina...
Pair of French Brass Candleholders, 1920s
Vintage 1920s French Louis XVI Candlesticks
A handsome pair of Louis XVI style brass candleholders, French circa 1920. Broad, two-tiered pedestal bases with beaded edges, sloping up to fluted column shafts. Thin rims at the to...
You May Also Like
Faux Bamboo Coat Rack
Late 20th Century Hollywood Regency Hat Racks and Stands
Hollywood Regency style, faux bamboo coat rack in a chromed metal finish with S-scroll feet circa 1980-1990s. Please note of wear consistent with age including scratches due to daily...
$750 Sale Price
Nickel Faux Bamboo Coat Rack
Vintage 1970s American Chinoiserie Coat Racks and Stands
Bamboo-style coat rack. Newly nickel-plated (previously brass). Satin nickel finish. Hanging hardware included.
Spirale Coat Hanger
By Itamar Harari
$874 / item
Spirale Coat Hanger
2010s French Coat Racks and Stands
Strongly anchored in a solid wood base, offering different levels, the 6 masts of the Spirale coat rack create an elegant and quirky figure. More than just a coat rack it is a decora...
Giglio Coat Hanger
2010s Italian Coat Racks and Stands
Horn, Wood, Brass
This elegant coat hanger is a striking structural piece that is functional as it is decorative. This superb sculpture boasts a structure in ivory lacquered wood with a glossy finish ...