18th Century Jean Avisse Signed Hand-Carved Bergère French ArmchairItem Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 8
18th Century Jean Avisse Signed Hand-Carved Bergère French Armchair
Hand-carved bergère armchair by Jean Avisse. A type of French armchair having a wide deep seat and upholstered sides and back. Signed by Jean Avisse. Jean Avisse produced chairs, sofas, chaises and similar furniture in 18th century France. His chairs are elaborately decorated with natural images such as shells, flowers, and leaves. He stamped his work with the signature IAVISSE. Reproductions in his style are often called "Avisse." Since Schumacher was founded in 1889, our family-owned company has been synonymous with style, taste, and innovation. A passion for luxury and an unwavering commitment to beauty are woven into everything we do. Dimensions: 25.00" W x 26.00" D x 37.00" H. circa 1745. Place of Origin: France
- CreatorJean Avisse (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 37 in. (93.98 cm)Width: 25 in. (63.5 cm)Depth: 26 in. (66.04 cm)
- StyleBaroque (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1745
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: SO20221stDibs: LU272737692843
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Maker
At Schumacher, we champion the iconic and the original in interior design. We provide the materials to create it and we celebrate, partner and collaborate with those who do. And we've been doing it since 1889. Schumacher. Make Your Mark.
About the Seller
Located in New York, NY
4.8 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
1stDibs seller since 2017
270 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 20 hours
More From This Seller
- By SchumacherLocated in New York, NYThis armchair is upholstered in Johnson Hartig/Libertine for Schumacher Magical Ming Dragon fabric in yellow (17...Category
Antique 19th Century French Other ArmchairsMaterials
- By SchumacherLocated in New York, NYLate 19th Century French Bergère upholstered in Schumacher Betty Chintz (178401) fabric with Charee Silk Stripe ...Category
Antique Late 19th Century French Napoleon III Bergere ChairsMaterials
- By SchumacherLocated in New York, NYThis Westminster chair has a timeless and stylish Silhouette that features a hand carved European beechwood fram...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern ArmchairsMaterials
Cotton, Linen, Wood$431 Sale Price / item75% Off
You May Also Like
18th Century Carved Mahogany Library Bergère Armchair
Located in Lymington, GB
An English 18th century carved mahogany library armchair, or bergère. Of very good rich colour and patination. George III, circa 1780. This antique Sheraton period armchair, somet...
Antique 1780s English Bergere Chairs
19th Century Walnut Carved Armchair Bergère
Located in Lucenec, SK
Carved walnut armchair from the second half of 19th century, Austria.
Antique 19th Century European Baroque Armchairs
19th Century Walnut Carved Armchair Bergere
Located in Lucenec, SK
Carved walnut armchair from the second half of 19th century, Austria, Hungary.
Antique Late 19th Century Baroque Armchairs
Large Wide 18th Century French Bergère
Located in Haddonfield, NJ
Large wide 18th century French Bergère.
Antique Late 18th Century French Rococo Bergere Chairs
18th Century Carved Open Armchair
Located in Woodbury, CT
Deep and carved apron. Carved faces at terminals where the arm meets its support. Carved rondell in front apron including a profile face, and the words Iacobus Gibbs Architectus 173...
Antique Late 18th Century European Chippendale Armchairs
Pair of 18th Century French Directoire’ Carved and Painted Bergeres
Located in Dallas, TX
Lovely pair of period French Directoire’ armchairs having original dark green paint finish. Structurally sound and recently reupholstered in a yellow plaid, these chairs are very dec...
Antique 1790s French Directoire Armchairs
Important Early 18th Century French Régence Carved Armchair
Located in Arles, FR
Large and impressive early 18th century French Régence carved armchair. The Régence was the period in French history between 1715 and 1723, when King Louis XV was a minor and the lan...
Antique 18th Century French Louis XV Armchairs
18th Century Four Venetian Carved Walnut Wood Armchairs
Located in IT
18th century four Venetian carved walnut wood armchairs These splendid armchairs were made in Venice (Italy) circa mid-18th century and they reflect the stylistic dictates typical...
Antique Mid-18th Century Italian Baroque Armchairs