This is a Classic pair of original French oversized Rococo Bergere style armchairs from the late 19th century with carved Rococo arms and legs in a Classic rich brown muted French polish finish and with unusual delicately curved feet. The extra deep fully sprung seats on these armchairs make for a great sitting experience and is one reason why they are so sort after. The design of the armchairs lends them to both modern and traditional interiors as the choice of fabric really changes the feel of them. They have a very grand design and lovely detail on the front edge. We will restuff the fully sprung and webbed seats and webbed backs prior to shipping and recover them in calico for you ready to add you chosen top fabric on arrival. The finish is now nicely matte from wear over the life of the chairs but we can add a polished sheen if you prefer for an extra charge.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1870-1900
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. chairs will be covered in calico prior to shipping ready for you to add your final fabric and we will recheck the springs and webbing. we can reupholster in your fabric if you send it to us for an extra cost.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. Minor fading.
H 33.47 in. x W 27.56 in. x D 25.6 in.
H 85 cm x W 70 cm x D 65 cm
- Seat height21.66 in. (55 cm)
- Seller locationLONDON, GB
- Seller reference numberfrench bergeres
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference numberLU286638296953
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2017
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in LONDON, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like