Items Similar to Monumental Ebonized Rococo Revival Baltimore Armchair, circa 1860 View More
Monumental Ebonized Rococo Revival Baltimore Armchair, circa 1860
A monumental ebonized Renaissance Revival Baltimore armchair, circa 1860. This masterful armchair is a tour de force of carved and turned elements, the back of this chair is reminiscent of the later Art Nouveau style during this century. The finials are magnificently turned, all original, including casters. The old oxidized black surface is original. This chair is related to chairs illustrated in Furniture in Maryland, 1740-1940, we consider this chair a "great" chair as it makes a very strong visual statement as being something very beautiful and masterful.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1860
- Materials and TechniquesEbonized
- Condition Detailssee item description
- DimensionsH 61.25 in. x W 26 in. x D 30 in.H 155.58 cm x W 66.04 cm x D 76.2 cm
- Seller LocationProvidence, RI
- Seller Reference Numbersw00290
- Reference NumberLU9075802318
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Providence, RI
More From This Seller
Classical Painted Armchair, Baltimore, circa 1820
Antique 19th Century American American Classical Armchairs
Of grand proportions, this painted chair in Baltimore painted furniture, page 67 (see scan below). It appears that the center was a defining place for individual embellishment, i.e. ...
Large Gold Leaf Rococo Revival Dressing Mirror, circa 1860
$20,000 Sale Price
Large Gold Leaf Rococo Revival Dressing Mirror,...
Antique 19th Century French Rococo Revival Floor Mirrors and Full-Length...
This large-scale mirror typifies the Rococo Revival theme in the scrolled pediment, which is repeated both in the side supports as well as in the feet. Leaf carving further embellish...
Carved Mahogany Egyptian Revival Armchair, New ...
Antique 1860s American Egyptian Revival Armchairs
According to Robert Bishop in the American chair, (p.387), the Egyptian revival movement received its impetus in America from "Cleopatra's Needle" which was a sculptured obelisk inst...
Rococo Revival Walnut Stand with Reverse Painte...
Antique Mid-19th Century American Rococo Revival Center Tables
This stand has a magnificent reverse painting that retains its brilliant color, and the lyre, with flowers at its base is a real standout. The walnut table is solid, and the turnings...