A pair of carved beechwood, caned back and seat armchairs with upholstered cushions. One chair is signed L. Cresson. During the 18th century the Cresson family produced a remarkable number of furniture makers. One of the most prominent Cressons was Louis (I) Cresson. Born in 1706, Louis became a master furniture maker in 1738.
- CreatorLouis Cresson 1 (Maker)
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacture1740-1750
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 36 in. x W 26.5 in. x D 23 in.
H 91.44 cm x W 67.31 cm x D 58.42 cm
- Seat height16 in. (40.64 cm)
- Seller locationMt Kisco, NY
- Reference numberLU89719277143
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2010
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Mt Kisco, NY
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like