A 'near pair' of Nord-Ovest Italian transitional Baroque to Rococo, carved walnut poltrone (armchairs). Slight irregularities in cartouches, back splats, scrolls, volutes, and foliate carved knees only on one chair; all consistent with the provincial aesthetic of naive Italian 'fauteuils' such as these. These poltrone may have been customised. The lady's chair has a slightly shorter back, and foliate carved knees.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturec. 1740
- ConditionGood. These are not an identical pair, though made 'by the same hand'..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
H 39 in. x W 26 in. x D 26 in.
H 99.06 cm x W 66.04 cm x D 66.04 cm
- Seat height21 in. (53.34 cm)
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1504 JLEE C/AW
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference numberU1208048667358
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like