Items Similar to French Hall Bench View More
French Hall Bench
This 17th century oak bench is richly carved with Gothic motifs. Despite its age, the piece has a very solid frame with relatively minor damage. Boards show the evidence of very old tools and techniques. All joinery is by mortise-and-tenon, secured with pegs. There are some losses - some boards have been replaced over time and there is considerable termite damage present at the feet. The seat lifts up to Revel a generous storage area that could be ideal for shoes or tools. This is truly a "furniture fossil" that has survived many generations intact. Origin: Burgundy, France.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture17th Century
- Period16th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 32 in. x W 97.75 in. x D 19.5 in.H 81.28 cm x W 248.29 cm x D 49.53 cm
- Seller LocationChicago, IL
- Seller Reference Number18E03069
- Reference NumberLU886413281882
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2010
Located in Chicago, IL
More From This Seller
Reclaimed Teak Wood Bench
21st Century and Contemporary Thai Benches
This handsome bench is from Thailand and was recently made from reclaimed teak wood. The bench features clean lines and is sturdy and strong suited for everyday usage. Can be used ou...
Indian Strongbox Converted to Bench
20th Century Indian Benches
This massive metal-reinforced wooden strongbox has been reconfigured for use as a bench. Chests like this have an opening on the top and solid sides. They are used for storing valuab...
Middle Qing Dynasty Chinese Bench Century
Antique Early 19th Century Chinese Qing Benches
This classic two-person Chinese bench features stretchers, mortise and tenon joinery, and traces of original lacquer. It has a beautiful aged, all-original patina.
Pair of French Zinc Finials
$4,200 / set
Pair of French Zinc Finials
Early 20th Century French Abstract Sculptures
This pair of finials are from Paris, France and made from zinc, c. 1900. They were most likely part of a vintage French building and are great for accessorizing any room.