Absolutely breathtaking, this charming Louis XV bergere armchair (or fauteuil) was painted in a beautiful shade of grey to expose the beautiful carvings on its wooden frame and cabriole legs. Newly reupholstered in a thick fuchsia or deep pink velvet. Finished with a plump, thick down cushion for added comfort and beauty. This chair is perfect for a little girl's room as it is on the petite side. Very solid and sturdy to withstand daily and repeated use and incredibly comfortable. Measurements provided below with overall depth of chair (inside seat depth is 19").
- In the Style Of
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1890
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. Beautiful antique condition with aged paint. Sturdy and solid to be used daily by a child or adult. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 31.75 in. x W 24 in. x D 24 in.
H 80.65 cm x W 60.96 cm x D 60.96 cm
- Seat height18 in. (45.72 cm)
- Seller locationNew York, NY
- Reference numberLU88744762663
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2010
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in New York, NY
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like