Items Similar to Pair of Antique Chinese Horseshoe Back Elm Armchairs View More
Pair of Antique Chinese Horseshoe Back Elm Armchairs
A pair of Chinese hardwood horseshoe back armchairs, each curved back with downswept arms and outswept hand grips, centring an elegant shaped pierced splat, flanked by cylindrical stiles continuing to undulating arm supports. The rectangular seat with inset panel, raised on cylindrical legs joined by a flattened box stretcher.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880-1920
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsOne chair with professional repair to arm hand grip and back stile.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 39 in. x W 24 in. x D 23 in.H 99.06 cm x W 60.96 cm x D 58.42 cm
- Seat Height20 in. (50.8 cm)
- Seller LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Seller Reference NumberF518-6
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU855211703141
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2008
Located in San Francisco, CA
The Art and Antique Dealers League of America
Antiques Associations Members
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
Pair of Italian Rococo Cream and Gilt Armchairs...
Antique 1770s Italian Rococo Armchairs
A pair of Italian parcel-gilt and cream painted armchairs of substantial proportions, with overall foliate decoration, the crestrail centered by a flower, the seat rail centered by a...
Yew Wood Broad Arm High Back Windsor Chair
Antique 1850s English Country Windsor Chairs
A good English yew wood broad arm high back Windsor chair with a Christmas tree splat, the hickory seat supported on well-turned legs joined by single stretcher, circa 1840-1860.
Japanese Meiji Period Keyaki Wood Sendai Isho T...
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Meiji Commodes and Chests of Drawers
A good quality Japanese single section keyaki wood Sendai Isho (for clothing or fabric) single section tansu with four long and two short drawers as well as a safe compartment which ...
Set of Six Regency Leather Upholstered Mahogany...
Antique Early 19th Century Regency Dining Room Chairs
A comfortable and sturdy set of six Regency period side chairs each with a well-figured mahogany back splat supported by reeded stiles, the seats upholstered in claret hide with nail...