Six Italian Dining Chairs by Romeo Rega, 1970s
About the Item
- Creator:Romeo Rega (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 37.8 in (96 cm)Width: 17.72 in (45 cm)Depth: 16.93 in (43 cm)Seat Height: 17.72 in (45 cm)
- Sold As:Set of 6
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1970
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Saint-Ouen, FR
- Reference Number:Seller: 6RomeoRega1stDibs: LU1057227659032
For his range of sophisticated modernist furniture, Romeo Rega worked with wrought iron, textiles, glass and more, yielding an amalgam of geometric shapes, sculptural flourishes and glamorous sensibility commonly associated with the Hollywood Regency style that remains popular today. For collectors in the know, vintage furniture made by the Italian designer's eponymous company is branded with his iconic double R logo, and Romeo Rega lighting, tables and other work is recognized globally for its seductive materials and dazzling forms.
Growing up in the heart of Rome, Rega apprenticed with a blacksmith and, just like his craftsman father before him, became a master in the skill of working with wrought iron and forging. In 1957, Rega opened his own workshop and began to explore his potential as a designer while collaborating with other master metalsmiths and blacksmiths. The creation of gates, railings and various furnishings led to a pivotal moment in his career — a contract with Italian movie studio Cinecittà. Rega was commissioned to design and manufacture the chariots for the 1959 acclaimed American film Ben-Hur.
In the 1970s, the Rega trademark was put to use and the designer began to mass produce furniture — including chairs, console tables and more. Renowned designers like Willy Rizzo and Gabriella Crespi collaborated with the company over time but the production of now sought-after Romeo Rega furniture ceased during the 1980s.
Among Rega's clients were A-list Italian entertainment and cinema celebrities, and the company’s furniture continues to be coveted by collectors today. At Hudson, New York–based antique shop Regan & Smith, Rega’s work is among the owners’ favorite designs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Madrid, Spain
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Pair of Louis XVI Period Chairs in Their Original Decoration, ReupholsteredLocated in Saint-Ouen, FRA pair of Louis XVI period chairs in their original decoration. Reupholstered. Its square stipe legs are very rare.Category
Antique 18th Century French Louis XVI ChairsMaterials
- 1970s Wooden sculptural Leaf ChairBy Bartolozzi & MaioliLocated in Saint-Ouen, FRHand-carved wooden leaf chair from the 1970s by small Italian company Botega Bartolozzi & Maiolli. Impressive quality of work in a small production in Florence, Italy, circa 1970. Ex...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- 1970s Bartolozzi & Maioli Wooden Leaf ChairBy Bartolozzi & MaioliLocated in Saint-Ouen, FR1970s hand-carved wooden leaf chair by the Italian small Botega Bartolozzi & Maiolli. Impressive quality of work in small production at Florence, It...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- Two Armchairs 1970s Italian Designer Alberto OrlandiBy Alberto OrlandiLocated in Saint-Ouen, FRTwo armchairs 1970s Italian designer Alberto Orlandi Pair of 1970s steel, bronze and black leather armchairs by the Italian designer Alberto Orlandi Pompei model. (May sell one pi...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian ArmchairsMaterials
- Pair of High Backs Italian Armchairs by Melchiorre BegaLocated in Saint-Ouen, FRPair of high backs Italian armchairs by Melchiorre Bega with strikingly modern lines. Covered with ivory velvet, circa 1950.Category
20th Century Italian ArmchairsMaterials
- Roger Tallon Module 400 chairBy Roger TallonLocated in Saint-Ouen, FRRoger Tallon Module 400 chair Editions Lacloche France, 1966 aluminum, latex foamCategory
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern ChairsMaterials
- Lot of Four Chairs in Steel and Alcantara in the Style of Romeo Rega, 1970sBy Romeo RegaLocated in taranto, ITLot of four splendid original chairs from the 70s made in the style of romeo rega, with chromed steel structure, seat and high back upholstered in orange / rust alcantara In excel...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Living Room SetsMaterials
- Midcentury Italian Lacquer Brass Living Room Set by Romeo Rega, 1970sBy Romeo RegaLocated in Paris, IDFThis three elements living room set from the Mid-Century Modern Italian Riviera period designed by Romeo Rega is bursting with nostalgia. With its impeccable design, perfect proporti...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Midcentury Italian Lacquer Brass Living Room Set by Romeo Rega, 1970sBy Romeo RegaLocated in Paris, IDFThis two elements living room set from the Mid-Century Modern Italian Riviera period designed by Romeo Rega is bursting with nostalgia. With its impeccable design, perfect proportion...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Living Room SetsMaterials
- Regency Dining Chairs by Romeo Rega, Italy, 1970sBy Romeo RegaLocated in Antwerp, BEDining chairs by Romeo Rega, a true embodiment of 1970s Italian craftsmanship. Mirroring the materials of our matching octagonal dining table, these chairs feature vintage polished b...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Hollywood Regency Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Romeo Rega Geometric Sofa in Black and Brass Hollywood Regency, 1970sBy Maison Jansen, Romeo RegaLocated in Antwerp, BEHollywood Regency; Romeo Rega; Italy; 1970s; Four-Seater Sofa; Italian Design; Minimalist; Quality Italian Craftsmanship; Sophisticated Modernist Furniture...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Hollywood Regency SofasMaterials
- 1970s Italian Romeo Rega Set of 4 Dining ChairsBy Romeo RegaLocated in London, GBA set of four dining chairs by Romeo Rega in bi-metal upholstered in navy leather.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Dining Room ChairsMaterials