A late Charles X transitional to Louis Philippe period plum pudding mahogany framed provincial, metamorphic lit de repos; folding down at one end to become a recamier. As shown in Image 3, the length increases to 74.5" when down and open as a recamier or day bed. A remarkably unusual yet comfortable, period antique form.
- Of the PeriodRestauration
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturec. 1830
- ConditionGood. Restored and polished antique 'estate' condition; recent upholstery including bolsters and long pillow, all in fine shape..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 31.5 in. x W 63 in. x D 29.5 in.
H 80.01 cm x W 160.02 cm x D 74.93 cm
- Seat height17.5 in. (44.45 cm)
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1308 JIEE CH/B
- Reference numberLU8667775278
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like