An early George II period elmwood 'country house' corner chair; with urn splats, flat paddle arms, and plain cross-stretchers. Striking geometric stylized floral needlepoint covered slip seat. Likely of Yorkshire origin.
- Of the PeriodGeorge II
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1730
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. Understandable and acceptable antique condition with some skilled structural restoration. Very worthwhile geometric needlepoint seat merits minor stitching restoration, should purchaser elect..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. Minor fading.
H 32 in. x W 27 in. x D 26 in.
H 81.28 cm x W 68.58 cm x D 66.04 cm
- Seat height18.5 in. (46.99 cm)
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1508 JOEE CJM
- Reference numberLU86672897022
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like