This West Indies solid mahogany planter's chair was made in the early 19th century in Martinique, circa 1820, in the British Colonial style and features the classical extending arms. A similar chair can be found in the book "Caribbean Elegance" by Michael Connors on page 51, figure 40.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufactureEarly 19th Century
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionExcellent. Very good condition. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 33 in. x W 27 in. x D 64 in.
H 83.82 cm x W 68.58 cm x D 162.56 cm
- Seller locationCharleston, SC
- Reference numberU1102218870200
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2010
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Charleston, SC
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like