Items Similar to Chinese Tongzhi Altar Cabinet View More
Chinese Tongzhi Altar Cabinet
An ornate South China altar cabinet of the Tongzhi period. Pierce-carved jabots and a frieze panel decorate the trestle structure; usually open, yet in this case enclosed by side and back panels, and fronted by two drawers over two doors. The original period brasses are age-patinated, as are the pierce-carved panels. The actual table or serving height is 36 1/2" without its wings; if repurposed as a server, sideboard, or liquor cabinet.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureMid-19th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsAll surfaces, whether lacquered, 'bronzed' or metal, are appealingly distressed. Structurally sound and sturdy.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 41 in. x W 54.5 in. x D 20 in.H 104.14 cm x W 138.43 cm x D 50.8 cm
- Seller LocationWoodbury, CT
- Seller Reference Number1601 BEEE CH/B
- Reference NumberLU86673953843
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity
Some items may require special handling and packaging. Request a shipping quote to see what options are available to your destination.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2009
Located in Woodbury, CT
More From This Seller
Chinese Guangxu Altar Table
Antique 19th Century Chinese Furniture
A northern provincial altar table with unadorned cylindrical legs joined by dual stretchers at each end; in a most unusual jade green colored lacquer. The Guangxu Emperor reigned f...
Scottish Hepplewhite Wall-Mounted Corner Cabinet
Antique 1780s Scottish Hepplewhite Corner Cupboards
Intricately crossbanded and moulded mahogany corner cabinet with complex and inlays, including an oak leaf door plaque; for wall-mounting. Three shelves inside, with three small draw...
Anglo-Indian Marble Topped Console
Antique 19th Century Indian Rococo Revival Console Tables
An 'Anglo-Indian' export hand-carved solid rosewood and mixed hardwood reverse serpentine console or serving table; with a conforming turret cornered Ogee edged Carrara marble top. ...
French Restauration Period Pier Table
Antique 1830s French Restauration Console Tables
Mirror, Ormolu, Marble, Mahogany
A French Restauration period marble-top mahogany pier table with exceptionally fine ormolu mounts of harpies and lyres to its apron. Three turned ormolu elements on the frontal colum...