Jumbo Bookcase by Luigi Massoni for Poltrona Frau, Italy, 1970s
About the Item
- Creator:Luigi Massoni (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 74.81 in (190 cm)Width: 47.25 in (120 cm)Depth: 13.78 in (35 cm)
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:1970
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Brussels, BE
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2265335978232
Luigi Massoni was one of Italy’s most prolific designers and instrumental in the growth of the country’s design industry in the postwar years through his products, advertising campaigns and journalistic work at Italian magazines.
Born in Milan, Massoni trained at the Collettivo di Architettura in Milan and worked as an architect and designer as well as a freelance journalist and consultant. He was involved with many of Italy’s most influential brands, such as Poltrona Frau, the Guzzini group and Alessi. Massoni was hired by Alessi, the legendary housewares and kitchen utensils manufacturer, which had been around since 1921, in the mid-1950s. In 1957, he collaborated with like-minded product designer Carlo Mazzeri on the universally renowned stainless-steel cocktail shaker 870, which, followed by other kitchen containers for the brand, was one of the first objects from Alessi that hadn’t been created in-house.
Together with architect Carlo De Carli, Massoni founded a magazine called Il Mobile Italiano and later Mobilia, an association of Italian furniture makers and one of the first organizations that focused on the promotion of Italian design. In the 1960s, Massoni began to design lamps and serveware for Guzzini, where he also consulted on design and company communications. He designed revolutionary furnishings for the kitchen at Boffi Cucine, producing modular kitchens, cabinets without traditional handles and more.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Rhode Saint Genèse, Belgium
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- Mid-Century Modern Table "Clessidra" by Luigi Massoni for Mobilia ManufactureBy Luigi MassoniLocated in Brussels, BEMid-Century Modern Table "Clessidra" by Luigi Massoni for Mobilia Manufacture, 1960sCategory
Vintage 1960s Dining Room TablesMaterials
- Mid-Century Shelve by Roberto Pamio and Renato Toso for Stilwood, Italy, 1970sBy Roberto Pamio & Renato TosoLocated in Brussels, BEMid-Century Shelve by Roberto Pamio and Renato Toso for Stilwood, Italy, 1970sCategory
Vintage 1970s Italian ShelvesMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Wall Unit by Saporiti, Italy, 1970sBy SaporitiLocated in Brussels, BEMid-Century Modern Wall Unit by Saporiti, Italy, 1970s.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian ShelvesMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Bookcase by Ico Parisi, Italy, 1950sBy Ico ParisiLocated in Brussels, BEMid-Century Modern Bookcase by Ico Parisi, Wood and Glass, Italy, 1950sCategory
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern ShelvesMaterials
- Italian "Olinto" Bookcase by Kazuhide Takahama, B&B, Mid-Century Modern, 1960sBy Kazuhide TakahamaLocated in Brussels, BEItalian "Olinto" black lacquered wood bookcase by Kazuhide Takahama for B&B, Mid-Century, European. Kazuhide Takahama was born in Japan in 1930. He studied Architecture in Tokyo....Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern ShelvesMaterials
- Jumbo Bookcase by Luigi Massoni for Poltrona Frau, Italy, 1970sBy Poltrona Frau, Luigi MassoniLocated in ABCOUDE, UTBeautiful Jumbo wall unit designed by Luigi Massoni for Poltrona Frau, Italy 1971. Chromed tubular steel frame with cherry wood shelves suspended by black leather straps. At the base...Category
Vintage 1970s BookcasesMaterials
- Jumbo Line Bookcase by Luigi Massoni for Poltronova, Italy 1970s (First Edition)By Poltronova, Poltrona Frau, Luigi MassoniLocated in Argelato, BOLuigi Massoni (Milan 1930), Jumbo Line Bookcase for Poltrona Frau, Italy, 1971 One of the most refined and original bookcases in the history of design, it ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Minimalist BookcasesMaterials
- 1970s Poltrona Frau Roll top desk or Chest of Drawer designed by Luigi MassoniBy Luigi MassoniLocated in Roma, ITA rare Italian design piece half chest of drawers and half desk; produced during 1974 by Poltrona Frau and designed by Luigi Massoni. You can find this chest of drawers published i...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- Luigi Massoni BookcaseBy Luigi MassoniLocated in Beverly Hills, CAWonderful bookcase by Luigi Massoni for Poltrona - Italy, circa 1970s Impressive large scale Italian wall shelf designed by Luigi Massoni for Poltrona Frau, 1971. Chromed tubular steel frame with natural wood shelves suspended by black leather straps. Gorgeous black saddle leather catch all...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian BookcasesMaterials
- 20th Century Luigi Massoni Poltrona Frau Dilly Dally Vanity Dressing Table, 60sBy Poltrona Frau, Luigi MassoniLocated in Turin, TurinDressing table model Dilly Dally designed by Luigi Massoni for Poltrona Frau in 1960s. The dressing table is composed of two pieces, one round armchair (which alone measures 70 x 65 x 60 cm) and the table itself with space for accessories and a round mirror. It has a wooden structure with faux leather upholstery, chrome metal, mirrored crystal and Abs. The upholstery is completely restored in light brown faux leather and in good condition. The two pieces can be easily moved thanks to wheels. Presence of the original brand mark as shown in photos. Published in: - Domus n. 466, settembre 1968; - Domus n. 488, luglio 1970, p. 40; - G. Gramigna, Repertorio del design italiano...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern DressersMaterials
Faux Leather, Mirror
- Large Speedy Bookcase by Alberto Rosselli for Saporiti, Italy the 1970sBy Saporiti, Alberto Rosselli SaporitiLocated in Almelo, NLLarge speedy bookcase by Alberto Rosselli for Saporiti, the 1970s Alberto Rosselli for Saporiti, wall-unit ‘Speedy’, red plastic, chromed metal, Italy, the 1970s. This funky wall un...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern ShelvesMaterials