- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Modern Blue and Clear Vintage Glass Coffee Table Seguso attr. Italy, circa 1980
- CreatorSeguso Vetri d'Arte (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 15.75 in. (40 cm)Width: 53.15 in. (135 cm)Depth: 29.53 in. (75 cm)
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1980s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationVienna, AT
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1069816394312
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Vienna, Austria
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Seguso Vetri d'Arte (Manufacturer)
Members of the Seguso family have been leading figures in the manufacture of glass on the Venetian island of Murano since the late 1300s, but for most collectors of vintage design the name evokes two companies formed in the first half of the 20th century. Seguso Vetri d’Arte, born from a small consortium of master glass artisans that included Archimede Seguso (1909–99), thrived under the artistic directorship of Flavio Poli (1900–84), a designer with an eye for modern forms, color and pattern. Vetreria Archimede Seguso, meanwhile, was founded in 1946, when Seguso opened his own atelier in order to employ classical techniques in the making of modern glassware.
The owners of Seguso Vetri d’Arte were justly proud of their skills as craftsmen, but they were not worldly aesthetes — and they knew it. Poli had studied at the Art Institute of Venice, originally working in ceramics before switching mediums and taking up the art of glass. He introduced new simple forms to the genre — the best known of his designs being the Valva, which resembles a clamshell in profile — and employed several novel techniques such as corroso, which gives glass a rough, emery-board-like finish. Poli’s most collectible works are his sommerso pieces, made with a layering process in which clear and colored-glass vessels are “submerged” within one another, producing a kind of nesting-doll effect in striking, elegant vases with bands of separate and overlapped hues.
At his eponymous workshop, Archimede Seguso often favored highly decorative, age-old techniques employed with modern restraint. His layered-glass Losanghe vessels have the look of an abstract checkerboard while his free-form Merletto vases have delicate, lacy patterns created by painstakingly twisting two heated glass straws to create helixes around the walls of the piece.
Though different in their scope and mission, both of these furnaces bearing the Seguso name created some of the most beautiful, alluring and exquisitely crafted works in all of modern design.
- By Seguso Vetri d'ArteLocated in Vienna, ATModern blue and clear glass vintage coffee tables or side tables by Seguso attributed, Italy, circa 1980. The co...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Located in Vienna, ATA mid century modern vintage dark grey and white coffee table, which was made of marbled glass. A ceramic cone f...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
Glass, Ceramic, Smoked Glass
- Located in Vienna, ATA modern vintage beechwood glass coffee table or sofa table, which was designed and manufactured circa 1970 in G...Category
Vintage 1970s German Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Paolo PivaLocated in Vienna, ATThe frame of the coffee table is made of chromed tube steel shaped in square form with black plastic sabots. A c...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
- Located in Vienna, ATThis presented coffee table from circa 1970 shows a chromed metal tube steel frame with a clear glass top and tw...Category
Vintage 1970s Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Located in Vienna, ATThis delicate modernist green and clear glass vintage side table, by Seguso attributed, was designed and execute...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Modern Side TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
1990s Italian Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
2010s Italian Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1960s German Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Late 20th Century Italian Post-Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Late 20th Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
2010s Italian Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Glass, Wood, Oak
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery