Extra Large Arne Vodder Dining Table in Rosewood
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1960s
- Materials and Techniques
- WearMinor losses.
- DimensionsH 28.35 in. x W 194.89 in. x D 57.09 in.H 72 cm x W 495 cm x D 145 cm
- Seller LocationWaalwijk, NL
- Seller Reference Number45010968
- Reference NumberLU933115535671
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About Arne Vodder (Designer)
Along with Vernor Panton, Arne Vodder was a leading light of what might be called the “second generation” of forward-thinking 20th-century Danish furniture designers — those who, following in the footsteps of Hans Wegner, Arne Jacobsen, Finn Juhl and others, first applied the skills, traditions and philosophical tenets of Danish craftsmanship to a modern furniture idiom.
As a graduate student in architecture trained by Finn Juhl, Vodder made his mark in the 1960s, when modern design had gained wide acceptance, particularly in the business world. Accordingly, many of Vodder’s chairs are quiet in form — projecting an air of sturdiness and strength, rather than avant-garde styling.
Vodder’s aesthetic flair was very pronounced in his cabinets and storage pieces — sideboards, bookcases, credenzas and buffets. In such pieces, Vodder liked to play with asymmetry. His bookcases often have a seemingly random array of variously sized shelves and nooks. A typical Vodder sideboard might have four sections, each different in purpose and look: an open stack of vertical shelves, and other cupboards covered with sliding panels in contrasting colored laminates and wood veneers. As you will see from the works on these pages, Arne Vodder had a sense of what kind of design was appropriate for which space: sobriety in the boardroom; playfulness at home.
About the Seller
Established in 2007, this seller has a team of approximately 55 restorers, upholsterers, interior advisers and art historians, making it a gallery, workshop and upholstery studio, all in one. Every day, a carefully selected array of 20th-century furniture arrives from all over the world at the f...