Items Similar to Cherry and Maple Classical Worktable, New England View More
Cherry and Maple Classical Worktable, New England
This two-drawer worktable, with side leaves is embellished with bird's-eye maple around a convex upper drawer and flat lower drawer. The base is vigorously turned in a stylized manner, as are the scroll feet, which are diminutive in scroll, yet successful in the uplifting that is achieved. This Provincial form is one of the best of its type.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1840
- Materials and Techniques
- DimensionsH 28.5 in. x W 18.25 in. x D 19.5 in.H 72.39 cm x W 46.36 cm x D 49.53 cm
- Seller LocationProvidence, RI
- Seller Reference Numbersw00184
- Reference NumberU1203249075331
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Providence, RI
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Rare Japanned and Lacquered Worktable, Boston, ...
Antique 19th Century American Empire Industrial and Work Tables
This worktable has a lift top above a single drawer below a faux drawer. The upper case has canted corners, all of which is supported by robust reeded legs, which retain their origin...
Carved Mahogany Classical Worktable, Sewing Bas...
Antique 19th Century American Federal Industrial and Work Tables
This sewing basket, supported with nicely tapered spiral legs, has just above it, acanthus leaves, signifying its Salem provenance. It is a three-drawer sewing table with original wo...
Gothic Classical Mahogany Worktable, circa 1830...
Antique 19th Century American Gothic Side Tables
This worktable has had a very protected life, as all of the mahogany is in perfect condition and probably has its first surface, which we have cleaned to reveal the vibrant mahogany ...
Classical Three-Drawer Worktable with Rare Lyre...
Antique 19th Century American Neoclassical Industrial and Work Tables
This worktable has an unusual lyre form basket composed of highly figured mahogany, crossbanded with rosewood. The crossbanding element is carried through throughout on the plinth at...