A very rare, museum quality, jewel-like mirror by one of the leading designers of the Wiener Werkstätte. The oval mirror plate, within a ribbed frame surmounted by a budding floral crown and flanked by two ribbon-bound bouquets. LABELED: Max/welz/wien/vii A photograph of a near identical Model No. WW20 mirror is illustrated by Peter Noever (editor) in Dagobert Peche and the Wiener Werkstatte, New York, 2002, p. 235.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1922
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionGood. In great overall condition, retains its original gilding, an extraordinary work of art..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 17.5 in. x W 16.5 in. x D 3 in.
H 44.45 cm x W 41.91 cm x D 7.62 cm
- Seller locationNew York, NY
- Seller reference number8949
- Reference numberLU85565202193
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2008
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in New York, NY
20th Century Specialists
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like