Items Similar to "Left Jab," Rare, Vivid Drawing of Two Boxers by Littlefield, 1928
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
"Left Jab," Rare, Vivid Drawing of Two Boxers by Littlefield, 1928
William Littlefield was fascinated by boxers, capturing them again and again in the 1920s and 1930s, issuing a set of prints and producing a series of vivid, arresting drawings. Each drawing shows his ability to economically make use of broad stokes of black ink to capture his figures, often on vividly-hued paper, such as here. Littlefield exhibited widely in the 1930s and 1940s, and his works are in the collections of the Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo, the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and the Wadworth Atheneum in Hartford. He was very well connected to the art world of New York and New England, and painted a stunning portrait of Lincoln Kirstein, who co-founded the New York City Ballet. (Dimensions include matte and frame.).
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Philadelphia, PA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2009
201 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- By William LittlefieldLocated in Philadelphia, PAThis 1929 vintage ink and inkwash drawing of a bare-chested boxer is turned away from the viewer, his gloved han...Category
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco DrawingsH 25 in. W 18.5 in. D .75 in.$2,950
- By William LittlefieldLocated in Philadelphia, PAPowerfully expressed, with the angular stylization characteristic of Art Deco decorative art, this pencil drawin...Category
Vintage 1930s American DrawingsMaterials
Pencil, PaperH 25 in. W 11.5 in.$1,200
- By William LittlefieldLocated in Philadelphia, PAA fine and bold drawing by William Littlefield, this piece depicts male and female nude figures in an embrace, t...Category
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco DrawingsH 28 in. W 23.5 in. D 0.25 in.$3,200
- Located in Philadelphia, PAAlthough the Olympics in 1928 were held in Amsterdam, Lee Seibert drew this vivid and colorful image of the main...Category
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco DrawingsH 24.25 in. W 19.25 in. D .5 in.$3,750
- By N. CobbLocated in Philadelphia, PAMysterious and ethereal, this lovely drawing of a semi-nude male figure, carrying a caduceus and small jar, no d...Category
Vintage 1920s Italian Art Deco DrawingsH 16.75 in. W 19 in. D 0.5 in.$1,900
- By John R. GrabachLocated in Philadelphia, PAAlthough this drawing depicts a male nude, the artist here is clearly focusing on the power of his arms, hands a...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco DrawingsMaterials
Charcoal, PaperH 32 in. W 25.5 in. D 1 in.$2,500
You May Also Like
Charles Real "Circus", Charcoal Drawing Signed Lower Left
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Charles Real (1898-1979) "Circus". Charcoal drawing signed lower left. Measures: 65 x 100cm.
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Drawings
Busiri Vici Pencil Drawing Architectural Sketch Project, Italy, 1928
Located in Rome, IT
An original pencil architectural sketch on paper realised in 1928 by the Italian architects Michele Busiri Vici and Clemente Busiri Vici for the large villa - Turin Museum of the Fin...
Vintage 1920s Italian Mid-Century Modern Drawings
Glass, Wood, Paper
Set of Two Charcoal and Pencil Drawings
By Peter Nickel
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Two mixed-media portraits of women. Pencil and charcoal. The frames are 19th century but the art work is signed Peter Nickel 1987.
Late 20th Century Drawings
$5,200 / set
Two Ladies by Louis Icart, Pastel and Charcoal Drawing, 1930s
By Louis Icart
Located in Paris, FR
"Two Elegant Ladies" by Louis Icart (1888-1950). Pastel and charcoal on cream paper, signed at the bottom left "Louis Icart." Beautiful period frame. Art Deco, 1930s. Original dr...
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco Drawings
Drawing of a Torso by Alexandra Athanassiades
Located in New York, NY
Framed drawing of a Torso by Greek born artist Alexandra Athanassiades (b. 1961). Composition: Charcoal and gouache on distressed paper. Property from esteemed interior designer J...
21st Century and Contemporary Greek Drawings
Collection of Drawings by Rich Jacobs
Located in St.Petersburg, FL
An interesting collection of five (5) drawings by Richard (Rich) Jacobs, circa 2001-2005. A note about the artist: "Rich Jacobs (born 1972 in Long Beach, CA) is an American artist an...
Early 2000s American Modern Drawings
$2,500 / set
Rudolf Bonnet, Colonial Drawing of Two Balinese Beauties, circa 1945
Located in Amsterdam, NL
Rudolf Bonnet (1895-1978) 'Mepèèd' (Mapeed) Signed lower right Titled upper right Pastel on gouache pigmented paper, 57 x 34 cm In original carved ebony frame. Note: ...
Early 20th Century Balinese Dutch Colonial Paintings and Screens
Rare Folky Watercolor Drawings on Paper by L.J. Harboe, Priced Individually
Located in Palm Beach, FL
Here are four rare and historically important watercolor drawings on paper of St. Croix. Painted in a topographical style by L.J.Harboe, effectively transporting us to a time and pla...
Antique 19th Century American British Colonial Paintings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery