Items Similar to "Under the Tree," Striking Mid-Century Scene by Heitland for Liberty Magazine
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 6
"Under the Tree," Striking Mid-Century Scene by Heitland for Liberty Magazine
A striking and bold example of illustration art, this scene of a young man in a bathing suit conversing with an elegant woman in her car coat, was drawn by Wilmot Heitland for Liberty magazine. Like a scene out of "Far From Heaven," the conversation hinted at here suggests a clash of cultures or classes. Heitland is best known for painting High Society scenes for countless magazines in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s, but he also loved to capture the local natives when he travelled to tropical locales such as Hawaii and the Dominican Republic. (Dimensions include full margin of board.).
- CreatorWilmot Emerton Heitland 1 (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 15 in. (38.1 cm)Width: 22 in. (55.88 cm)Depth: 0.1 in. (2.54 mm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1950
- ConditionMinor smudge on the male figure; stains on outer margin.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU86516573353
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Philadelphia, PA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2009
201 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Philadelphia, PAAn early and important example of graphic design by a woman artist, this striking drawing for "Plastics" in ink ...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern DrawingsH 23.5 in. W 17 in. D .1 in.$1,200
- By Robert LambLocated in Philadelphia, PAStark and sensuous at the same time, this drawing was made by Robert Lamb in 1953, shortly after he graduated fr...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern DrawingsMaterials
PaperH 13.75 in. W 9.5 in. D .1 in.$2,500
- By Eduard Buk UlreichLocated in Philadelphia, PADrawn by one of the great muralists for Radio City Music Hall -- Eduard Buk Ulreich -- this beautifully detailed...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco DrawingsMaterials
PaperH 14 in. W 11 in. D .1 in.$1,600
- By Paul DaxheletLocated in Philadelphia, PABecause basketball was not widely known or appreciated outside North America until later in the 20th century, th...Category
Vintage 1930s Belgian Art Deco DrawingsMaterials
CrayonH 28.75 in. W 22 in. D 0.1 in.$3,200
- By John B. LearLocated in Philadelphia, PAMuch like Salvador Dali, who continued to create his mysterious and puzzling landscapes long after Surrealism ha...Category
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern DrawingsH 20.25 in. W 22.75 in. D .5 in.$1,500
- Located in Philadelphia, PABold and sensuous, this original pen and ink drawing -- showing the influence of 1920s Art Deco stylization as w...Category
Vintage 1920s British Art Deco DrawingsH 24 in. W 19 in. D 1 in.$3,500
You May Also Like
Charcoal Drawing Woman under the Tree by Dommisse
Located in Douglas Manor, NY
5-1000 charcoal drawing set in a solid oakwood frame Image size 15 x 22" Signed Dommisse 62.
Vintage 1960s Drawings
Dutch Colonial Drawing by WOJ Nieuwenkamp, Market under the Banyan, Bali, 1937
Located in Amsterdam, NL
Market under the Banyan tree, 1937 Signed with initials and dated bottom right Pencil and ink on paper, 28 cm x 34.5 cm Literature: Bruce W. Carpenter, W.O.J. Nieuwe...
Early 20th Century Balinese Dutch Colonial Paintings and Screens
Harbour Scene with Oceanliner by Molenaar
Located in Water Mill, NY
1939, harbour scene with oceanliner by Molenaar in a wood frame under glass.
Vintage 1930s Drawings
19th Century Watercolour Scenes of Jackson Hole, Wyoming by George Beard
Located in Salt Lake City, UT
This 19th century work on paper depicts three representations from Jackson Hole, Wyoming: The mountainous view of Lower end Jackson Lake, a golden sky above the view of upper end Jac...
Antique Late 19th Century American Paintings
Watercolor Under-Glass Signed and Dated Perrey, circa 1888
Located in Stamford, CT
A watercolor under-glass signed and dated Perrey, circa 1888. A naked beauty standing on the moon. This highly sought after American artists work was acquired from a Northern New Jer...
Antique Late 19th Century American Art Deco Paintings
Market Scene in Paris by Egron Sillif Lundgren
By Egron Sillif Lundgren
Located in Ottawa, Ontario
A market scene in Paris by Egron Sillif Lundgren, (Swedish, 1815-1875), Pencil, touches of red and heightened with white on buff paper. Size: 7" inches high x 10" inches. Framed: 1...
Antique Late 19th Century Swedish Directoire Drawings
Ciro Ferri Drawing Offering Scene Italie 17th Century
Located in Beuzevillette, FR
Italian lead pencil drawing, entourage of Ciro Ferri, depicting an offering scene in front of a temple, in the manner of the antiquity. Measurements: 7.8/5.9 inches ...
Antique 17th Century Italian Drawings
Mid-Century Abstract Painting by California Artist Robert Gilberg
Located in San Francisco, CA
Mid-20th century abstract painting by San Francisco Bay Area artist Robert Gilberg (b.1911-d.1970). Ink and gouache on paper, framed behind glass. Signed and dated 1961. Born in Oak...
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Paintings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Art Deco Wall Tree
Silver Animals Sterling
Solid Yellow Gold Earrings
Space Age Rare
Sofa By Edward Wormley
Square Diamond Pendant Necklace
Sterling Silver Rings Antique
Tiffany Gold Bangles
Victorian Diamond Flower