Items Similar to “Figures in a Landscape” by Lucien Adrion
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
“Figures in a Landscape” by Lucien Adrion
Lucien Adrion French, 1889-1953 Figures in a Landscape Oil on canvas Signed lower left 22 by 33in. w/frame 29 ½ by 39 ¾in. Lucien Adrion was born in Strasbourg, France in 1889 and died in Cologne 1953. Post-Impressionist Lucien Adrion is considered an engraver, watercolorist and painter from the French school. He began his initial studies in Strasbourg as a draftsman. In 1907, at the age of 18, Lucien traveled to Paris to work for a large drafting company but changed his mind upon arrival. Rather than working for a large company, he decided to peruse his dreams of becoming an artist. Traveling like a vagabond, Lucien would leave Paris for London, Munich and to Frankfort, when the war ended to study. After the demobilization of Berlin, Lucien would study engraving under Franz Ritter von Struck (1863-1828), who was Marc Chagall’s teacher. He would return to Strasbourg and spend the next thirty years working as a lithographer. In 1921, Lucien Adrion had his first one-man exhibition at Galerie Chéron. Being independent by nature, Adrion would not divert from his decorative paintings of Normandy beaches or scenes of Paris (his favorite subject). He was a regular exhibitor with the Independents. In 1940, Lucien Adrion exhibited at the Jardins des Tuileries, the Salon d’Automne in Paris and again in 1941 at the Salon des Tuileries. Reference: E. Benezit, Vol. 1, page 44 Dictionnaire des Petits Maitres de la Peinture 1820-1920, by Gerald Schurr & Pierre Cabanne, pg. 32, Tome I, A a H. Provenance: Private Collection New York Le Trianon Fine Art & Antiques Art A5
- DimensionsHeight: 29.5 in. (74.93 cm)Width: 39.75 in. (100.97 cm)Depth: 2 in. (5.08 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureCirca 1920's
- ConditionFine condition.
- Seller LocationSheffield, MA
- Reference NumberSeller: Art A51stDibs: LU2639313193991
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Sheffield, MA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Sheffield, MA
No Reviews Yet
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1980
1stDibs seller since 2017
40 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 to 2 days
More From This Seller
- Landscape with Figures by Gaston SebireBy Gaston Sébire 2Located in Sheffield, MAGaston Sebire French, 1920-2002 Landscape with figures Oil on canvas 31 by 41 ½ in. With frame 38 by 48 ½ in. Signed lower right Gaston Sebire (1920 – 2002) Gaston Sebire, ...Category
Vintage 1960s French PaintingsMaterials
- “Park Scenes with Figures” by Esther WilliamsBy Esther WilliamsLocated in Sheffield, MAOil on Canvas 40 by 50 in. w/ frame 48 by 58 in. Esther exhibited at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts School; in Paris and Philip Hale. She was a member of the Rock Port Art As...Category
Vintage 1930s American PaintingsMaterials
- “Impressionist Landscape” by Joseph BostonBy Joseph BostonLocated in Sheffield, MAJoseph Boston American, 1860-1954 Large “Impressionist Landscape” Oil on canvas 40 by 42 in. w/ frame 48 by 60 in. Joseph was a member of Nat...Category
Early 20th Century American Paintings
- “Pastoral Landscape w/Locomotive & Picnic Goers” by G.BrownBy George Loring BrownLocated in Sheffield, MAGeorge Loring Brown American, 1814-1889 “Pastoral Landscape with Locomotive and Picnic Goers” Circa 1850 Oil on canvas 30 by 48 in. W/frame 34 by 52 in. The Hudson...Category
Antique 19th Century American PaintingsMaterials
- “Young Beauty in Profile” by Walter BlackmanBy Walter BlackmanLocated in Sheffield, MAWalter Blackman American, 1847-1928 “Young Beauty in Profile” Oil on canvas 20 by 16 in. W/frame 32 by 28 in. Studied: Under Gerone, Paris Exhibited: Society of Am...Category
Antique 19th Century American PaintingsMaterials
- “Haitian Scene in Railyard” by Harry (Arijac) JacquesBy Harry (Arijac) JacquesLocated in Sheffield, MAHarry (Arijac) Jacques Haitian, 1937- “Haitian Scene in Railyard” Oil on canvas 24 by 34 in. Arijac was born in Gonaïves, Haiti on August 11, 1937. After completing h...Category
Vintage 1960s Haitian Contemporary ArtMaterials
You May Also Like
Lilacs by Lucien Chenu
Located in Baton Rouge, LA
This framed oil on canvas was painted by French artist Lucien Chenu. An overflowing vase of beautiful lilacs sits near a bright window, painted in a way that conveys the loveliness i...
20th Century French Paintings
Canvas, Wood, Paint
Lucien Desmaré, Sunset Landscape, Framed and Signed
Located in Leuven , BE
Lucien Desmaré was a Belgian painter born in 1905 and who died in 1961. He was a painter, etcher, illustrator and decorator. He has followed training at the Academies in Anderlecht, ...
20th Century Belgian Paintings
"Montmarte, Paris" by Lucien Delaure
By Lucien Delarue
Located in Wiscasset, ME
French artist, oil on canvas, signed and inscribed reverse.
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern Paintings
19th Century Scottish Oil Painting of Figures in a Landscape by Patrick Nasmyth
By Patrick Nasmyth
Located in London, GB
Patrick Nasmyth (Scottish, 1787- 1831) Figures in a Landscape Signed and dated, 'P. Nasmyth / 1810, lower right corner oil on canvas Held in a giltwood frame. Provenance The Co...
Antique Early 19th Century Scottish Paintings
Late 19th Century Oil Landscape of Figures in a Forest
Located in New York, NY
Late 19th century pastoral oil painting of figures in forest by stream with fallen tree mounted in a gilt frame.
Antique Late 19th Century Victorian Paintings
1950's French Modernist / Cubist Painting, Two Figures in Historic Landscape
Located in Cirencester, GB
French landscape by Bernard Labbe (French, mid-20th century) Original watercolour/ gouache painting on paper, unframed size: 9.75 x 8.75 inches condition: very good and ready to ...
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Paintings
Framed Japanese Painting on Silk, Court Figures in a Garden Landscape
Located in Hudson, NY
Beautifully painted in detail. Soft, elegant style of painting. Acid free mounting with UV plexiglass.
Antique Late 19th Century Japanese Paintings and Screens
18th Century Painting Showing Figures in a Landscape Attributed to Pater
By Jean-Baptiste Pater
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia
A romantic 18th century oil painting on canvas depicting two young couples in an idyllic landscape, the figures sitting by a stream beside a garden folly, their pets with them. The t...
Antique Mid-18th Century French Louis XV Paintings
Lucien Laurent-Gsell Painting
By Lucien Laurent-Gsell
Located in Hamilton, Ontario
French painter and illustrator Lucien Laurent-Gsell was born on November 19, 1860 in Paris and died in 1944. His father Gaspard is renowned for his stained-glass windows (Eglise d...
Antique Late 19th Century French Paintings
$8,950 Sale Price
Large Rectangular Copeland Porcelain Plaque by Lucien Besche
Located in London, GB
Housed in a giltwood frame and depicting The Castle Scene from the Merchant of Venice. Plaque height 33cm, width 51cm; frame height 46.5cm, width 65cm. Lucien Besche was a nota...