This well done portrait of a young man was painted by Italian/American artist Luigi Lucioni (1900-1988). Lucioni was born in Malnate, Italy and emigrated with his parents to New York, where he became very well known for his still life paintings with heightened attention to detail, as well as landscape and portrait paintings. Oil on canvas, unsigned, and housed in a molded black frame with gilt inset. Provenance: Purchased from Walter Cerf’s shop “Stoney Fields” in Leicester, Vermont in 1977. Lucioni painted many handsome men and information forwarded by the former owner indicates that Lucioni and a local paintings dealer were at one time competing for the attentions of the sitter.
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca Mid-20th Century
- ConditionExcellent. Actual painting measures 24 in h x 20 in w. Excellent overall condition, with minimal imperfections. Please contact us directly with inquiries before purchasing..
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
H 27 in. x W 22 in. x D 1 in.
H 68.58 cm x W 55.88 cm x D 2.54 cm
- Seller locationMilford, NH
- Seller reference number5029
- Reference numberLU93396496773
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in Milford, NH
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like