Untitled watercolor depicting a slice of the New York city skyline, by Ruth Van Sickle Ford, circa 1940s. This atmospheric piece beautifully captures the character of the city having the grandeur of the skyscrapers juxtaposed with the more intimate scale of the rooftops of buildings in the foreground. This piece is pictured in the book "Warm Light, Cool Shadows, The Life and Art of Ruth Van Sickle Ford", by Nancy Smith Hopp. Frame measures- 21 1/8" wide x 27 3/4" high x 1 1/2" deep Image within mat measures- 18 1/4" wide x 24 1/4" high Please contact us if you have any questions.
- CreatorRuth VanSickle Ford 1 (Artist)
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca 1940s
- ConditionGood. the piece is mounted on a board, a couple of tears to paper (see detail photos).
- WearMinor structural damages.
H 27.75 in. x W 21.13 in. x D 1.5 in.
H 70.49 cm x W 53.68 cm x D 3.81 cm
- Seller locationChicago, IL
- Reference numberLU81978194373
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2006
Typical response time: 2 hrs
Located in Chicago, IL
20th Century Specialists
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like