Items Similar to Vintage Oil Painting of Rissersee, Bavaria by Karl Walther
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 14
Vintage Oil Painting of Rissersee, Bavaria by Karl Walther
Oil painting Of Rissersee, Germany. A very scenic oil painting of Rissersee, a lake in Grainau near Garmisch - Partenkirchen, surrounded by the Bavarian Alps. Painted by the German artist Karl Walther (1880–1954). It sits right at the foot of the Zugspitz massif and has an unforgettable view over the Waxenstein Mountains and the Zugspitze, Germanys highest mountain. The painting is signed K. WALTHER 37. Painted in 1937 when it was a very popular tourist destination right after the 1936 Winter Olympics. The natural Bob sleigh track was very near the lake. It was built from the ice taken from the well known Eibsee another beautiful lake on the foot of the Zugspitze. Measures: Image size 27¾ inches high by 39 inches wide.
- CreatorKarl Walther (Painter)
- DimensionsHeight: 32 in. (81.28 cm)Width: 43 in. (109.22 cm)Depth: 4 in. (10.16 cm)
- StyleSporting Art (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1937
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. The painting is all original, unrestored and may benefit from a clean. The needs a little attention.
- Seller LocationOxfordshire, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 250611stDibs: LU975711175731
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$202.38 Front Door Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-17 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered to the first available dry area outside of your house or building (front door, porch, landing area, garage, etc.).Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1977
1stDibs seller since 2013
327 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
LAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
More From This Seller
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBOil on board by Arthur De Tivoli, Poole Harbour. A very good oil on board by the Italian artist Arthur (arturo)...Category
Vintage 1920s English Sporting Art PaintingsMaterials
PaintH 23.04 in. W 26.58 in. D 0.79 in.$1,674
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBRoland knight fish oil paintings, fishing on the thames. A Fine pair of original Victorian oil on canvas fish p...Category
Antique 1890s English Sporting Art Sports Equipment and MemorabiliaMaterials
PaintH 18.31 in. W 23.23 in. D 1.97 in.$7,397
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBOil on board painting of Henley Royal Regatta By John Alford. A large colorful rowing picture of Henley Regatta...Category
Vintage 1960s British Sporting Art PaintingsMaterials
PaintH 34.45 in. W 43.31 in. D 1.19 in.$7,536
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBOil on canvas fishing river scene painting. A charming colourful oil on canvas painting of a chocolate box rive...Category
Antique 1880s British Sporting Art PaintingsMaterials
CanvasH 20.08 in. W 26.58 in. D 3.35 in.$3,210
- Located in Oxfordshire, GBEquestrian fox hunting oil paintings attributed To Henry Alken. A beautiful set of four oils on board in gilt ...Category
Antique 1830s British Sporting Art PaintingsMaterials
PaintH 30.52 in. W 28.75 in. D 3.15 in.$8,234
- By James ProudfootLocated in Oxfordshire, GBJoe Davis Billiard painting. A well executed portrait of Joe Davis, demonstrating the Masse shot. Oil on canvas...Category
Mid-20th Century English Sporting Art PaintingsMaterials
CanvasH 72.05 in. W 36.03 in. D 0.04 in.$11,863
You May Also Like
Baltic Traders oil painting by Frederik Ernlund
By Frederik Ernlund
Located in London, GB
A mid-1920s framed oil on canvas of two ships at sail by the Danish marine artist Frederik Ernlund (1879-1957). Signed in bottom right corner: Fr Ernlund.
Early 20th Century Danish Paintings
Pair of Early Oil on Copper Paintings
Located in Houston, TX
Pair of early oil on copper paintings featuring scenes displaying saints, (circa 1680-1700). Copper panels originally served as tabernacle doors. Continental European in origin, prob...
Antique 1680s Italian Baroque Paintings
$3,800 / set
20th Century Oil Painting of Madonna and Child by Arnedo Linares, Spain
Located in Miami, FL
20th Century Oil Painting of Madonna and Child by Arnedo Linares, Spain (1925-2011) This oil depicting the "Desamparados Verge" patron saint of Valencia, Spain when the painter was b...
Mid-20th Century Spanish Modern Paintings
19th Century Spanish Sporting Painting by E.Gioquinto, 1892
Located in Atlanta, GA
19th century Spanish sporting painting by E.Gioquinto, 1892, a finely painted gem of a hunter on a lake Measures: Oil on board 11.5" x 8.5" Giltwood frame 14" x 10".
Antique 1890s Spanish Sporting Art Paintings
18th Century Spanish Oil Painting of Mary Magdalene
Located in Atlanta, GA
A breathtaking 18th century Spanish oil on canvas painting of Mary Magdalene - Madeleine - in is original frame. Beautiful detail.
Antique Mid-18th Century Spanish Paintings
Mid-19th Century Spanish Oil Painting of Saint Francis
Located in Atlanta, GA
A very beautiful mid-19th century oil-on-canvas painting of a young Saint Francis praying at an altar, circa 1860. The artist is Juaquin Vayreda (1843-1894). This painting is a copy ...
Antique Mid-19th Century European Paintings
Painting Oil on Canvas by Pio Joris Important Italian Artist of the 19th centur
Located in Rome, IT
Pio Joris (Rome, 1843-1922). The Via Flaminia, a Sunday morning," 1869, (winner of the Gold Medal Exhibition in Monaco, 1869) with frame 160 x 83 cm. Pio Joris attended the Istitu...
Antique 19th Century Italian International Style Paintings
English Racehorse Oil Painting by F. C. Turner 1839 Harkaway Winner Goodwood Cup
Located in Savannah, GA
English painter Francis Calcraft Turner signed oil on canvas "Harkaway" in a four inch wide antique giltwood frame. Well executed with lovely color and detail. F. C. Turner 1782-1846...
Antique 1830s English High Victorian Paintings