Items Similar to George Barbier Ink and Watercolor, "Louis XIV" 1929 Royal Baroque Costume
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
George Barbier Ink and Watercolor, "Louis XIV" 1929 Royal Baroque Costume
George Barbier watercolor illustration, "Louis XIV" 1929 This intricate hand drawn illustration by George Barbier is signed, dated and annotated by the artist in ink. This illustration shows immense detail on the Baroque-style jacket of Louis XIV. It is an original ink drawing. Dimensions: 26cm x 22cm Signed: George Barbier Dated: 1929 Regarded as one of the finest French illustrators of the early 20th century, George Barbier was born in 1882 in Nantes, France. He is famously associated with the Art Deco movement and aside from illustration, he became widely acclaimed for the design of costumes, jewellery, wallpaper, glass, and more. His work with various magazines such as Vogue cemented his reputation as a leading design artist.
- CreatorGeorge Barbier (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 10.24 in. (26 cm)Width: 8.67 in. (22 cm)Depth: 0.04 in. (1 mm)
- StyleBaroque (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1929
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationMelbourne, AU
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU3376122769572
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Melbourne, Australia
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Melbourne, Australia
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1992
1stDibs seller since 2018
109 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 18 hours
More From This Seller
- By George BarbierLocated in Melbourne, VictoriaGeorge Barbier; An ink and gouache study. Royal female figure in Baroque-style costume on arche paper, in good c...Category
Vintage 1920s French Baroque PostersMaterials
- By Léon BénigniLocated in Melbourne, VictoriaOriginal vintage French Art Deco brides poster 'Les Bains' By Leon Benigni 1929 Brides-les-Bains is a commune...Category
Vintage 1920s French Mid-Century Modern PostersMaterials
- Located in Melbourne, VictoriaGeorges Braque was a major 20th century French painter, collagist, draughtsman, printmaker and sculptor. His mos...Category
20th Century PostersMaterials
- By Marc ChagallLocated in Melbourne, VictoriaARTIST Marc Chagall DIMENSIONS 86 x 56 cm YEAR 1967 CONDITION Good Born in 1887, Chagall developed a un...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modern PostersMaterials
- By Alfred WidmerLocated in Melbourne, VictoriaARTIST Jean Widmer CONDITION Excellent YEAR 1977 SIZE 220x160cm Format Linen backed This...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modern PostersMaterials
- By Alexander CalderLocated in Melbourne, VictoriaOriginal vintage poster, 'Calder Crags and Critters' 1975 Galerie Maeght "Alexander Calder was an American sc...Category
Vintage 1930s French Modern PostersMaterials
You May Also Like
French Louis XIV Poster
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Colorful original French Louis XIV poster, framed. Dated 1955 on back.
Mid-20th Century French Decorative Art
Art Deco Pochoir Fashion Prints Le Retour by Georges Barbier and Petrole Hahn
By George Barbier
Located in Tustin, CA
Collectible antique Art Deco hand-colored (pochoir) fashion plate image entitled “Le Retour" by one of the greatest designers and illustrators, Georges Barbier (1892-1932). Le Retour...
Early 20th Century French Art Deco Prints
Northern Pacific Railroad Vintage Poster by Gustav W. Krollman, 1929
Located in Colorado Springs, CO
This original poster was created by Gustav W. Krollman (1888-1962) in 1929. It features the title "North Coast Limited in the Montana Rockies." This piece advertises the Northern Pac...
Vintage 1920s American Posters
$3,960 Sale Price
Art Deco Engraving by George Barbier from Chansons De Bilitis Portfolio
By George Barbier
Located in North Miami, FL
This lovely sensual rare French Art Deco engraving from the coveted portfolio Chansons de Bilitis in the 1920s France is by the famed artist; George Barbier. It is exquisitely execut...
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Paintings
Louis Papp, Ink and Watercolor on Paper
By Louis Papp
Located in Chicago, IL
Louis Papp (New York, 1930- 2012) was a New York artist and a member of the Arts Student League - a renowned Manhattan art school in the 1970s and 1980s. His use of color and texture...
Vintage 1980s American Paintings
'Broadway' Original Vintage Movie Poster by Eric Rohman, Swedish, 1929
By Eric Rohman
Located in Devon, GB
A dazzling Art Deco poster with bold and distinctive artwork by noted Swedish designer Eric Rohman for the Swedish release of Universal's 1929 musical 'Broadway'. Based on the succes...
Vintage 1920s Swedish Art Deco Posters
$5,643 Sale Price
1980 Poster For Russian Exhibition USSR 1929 Constructivist Design Museum Zurich
Located in London, GB
Vintage reproduction poster issued by the Kunstgewerbemuseum Zurich Museum Of Design in 1980 featuring a Constructivist poster designed by the notable artist El Lissitsky (Lazar Mark...
Vintage 1980s Swiss Posters
Original Vintage Art Exhibition Poster Edvard Munch Self Portrait Needle And Ink
By Edvard Munch
Located in London, GB
Original vintage advertising poster for an Edvard Munch exhibition held at the Haus der Kunst museum in Munich from 12 November to 19 December featuring Munch's 1895 needle and ink s...
Vintage 1950s German Posters
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery