Collection Norman Rockwell Prints 328/350, 4 Pieces
About the Item
- Creator:Norman Rockwell (Artist)
- Dimensions:Height: 24.25 in (61.6 cm)Width: 18.25 in (46.36 cm)Depth: 0.75 in (1.91 cm)
- Style:American Classical (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:Early 20th Century
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Some spotting and moisture damage to the canvas. All items are sold in the condition they are acquired in and nothing has been done to restore or repair them. There may be some wear as can be expected with items of this age.
- Seller Location:Delray Beach, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU6663232135722
Norman Rockwell is among the most revered painters of the 20th century. His figurative and portrait paintings reflect an innocent and idyllic America described by the artist as "life as I would like it to be." For nearly 50 years, he illustrated the covers of The Saturday Evening Post in a rich and emotive style that gave distinctive personalities to his imagined characters. In total, Norman Rockwell created more than 4,000 works of art over the course of his life.
Rockwell was born in 1894 in New York City. His artistic aspirations took shape early on, and when he was 14 years old, he took classes at the New York School of the Art, which is now the Parsons School of Design. Later, he attended the Art Students League of New York, where he studied under influential painters Thomas Fogarty and George Bridgman. While still a teen, Rockwell became art director of the Boy Scouts of America publication Boys' Life.
At 21, Rockwell moved to New Rochelle, New York, and opened a studio with fellow illustrator Victor Clyde Forsythe. He created illustrations for magazines like Literary Digest and Life before his first cover for The Saturday Evening Post was published when he was 22. In 1939, after moving to Arlington, Vermont, Rockwell pivoted to making the nostalgic paintings of small-town and iconic America for which he is best known — scenes of Christmas dinner, children playing in the street and national treasures like Ruby Bridges and Rosie the Riveter.
In 1943, a speech previously given by President Franklin Roosevelt inspired Rockwell to create his most famous series, “The Four Freedoms,” which was exhibited all over the United States. The series included four pieces entitled Freedom of Speech, Freedom to Worship, Freedom from Want and Freedom from Fear.
Rockwell moved with his family to Stockbridge, Massachusetts, in 1953, where he spent the rest of his life. My Adventures as an Illustrator — the autobiography Rockwell wrote with the help of his son, Thomas — was published in 1960. In 1963, Rockwell ceased working with The Saturday Evening Post and started drawing illustrations for Look magazine.
The world’s largest collection of original Rockwell art can be found at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge. The artist was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977, and he passed away peacefully in his home the following year.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Delray Beach, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Collection Norman Rockwell Prints 328/350 - 4 PiecesLocated in Delray Beach, FLAmazing set of 4 Norman Rockwell singed prints each numbered 328/350.Category
Vintage 1980s American PrintsMaterials
- Tropical Lacquered Epoxy Oceanic Art Work - 3 PiecesLocated in Delray Beach, FLWonderful vintage epoxied art work. Set included two rectangular pieces and one oval. Strong “Free Willy” vibes. Oval measures 32”W, 25.25”HCategory
1990s Post-Modern PrintsMaterials
- Haunted Tanglewood Signed & Framed Art PrintLocated in Delray Beach, FLDark and luminous art print depicting Tanglewood tree trunk. Signed ‘02. Additional information: Material: Lithograph, Printmaking Materials Color: Brown...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Post-Modern PrintsMaterials
- Haunted Tanglewood Signed & Framed Art PrintLocated in Delray Beach, FLDark and luminous art print depicting Tanglewood tree trunk. Signed ‘02.Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Prints
- Two Nude Women Signed Print by Barbara WoodLocated in Delray Beach, FLExceptional framed/signed print by Barbara A Wood. Subject is two nude girls walking side by side in the forest.Category
Late 20th Century American Post-Modern Contemporary ArtMaterials
Glass, Wood, Paper
- Set of five prints after Norman RockwellBy Norman RockwellLocated in NYC, NYSet of five prints depicting illustrations by the all-American artist, of Scouting interest. Famed for his Life Magazine covers, Rockwell devoted a large number of his works to Sco...Category
Vintage 1950s American Prints
- Norman Rockwell "the Young Artist" Hand Signed Original Framed LithographBy Norman RockwellLocated in Dayton, OH"A large hand signed and numbered lithograph of “The Young Artist” by Norman Rockwell in original custom frame. Original oil painting was created for The Saturday Evening Post’s June 4...Category
Late 20th Century American Classical PrintsMaterials
- Vintage Norman Rockwell Framed Print of Children Playing MarblesBy Norman RockwellLocated in South Bend, INA vintage Norman Rockwell framed print of children playing marbles. Recently procured from Frank Lloyd Wright's DeRhodes House. Measures: 11.5"W ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern PrintsMaterials
Glass, Wood, Paper
- Norman Rockwell Limited Edition Collotype 'Saturday People'By Norman RockwellLocated in WEST PALM BEACH, FLLimited edition and certified collotype of 'Saturday People' by Norman Rockwell. Signed in pencil by Rockwell and numbered 82 of 100.Category
Vintage 1960s American Other PrintsMaterials
- Norman Rockwell “The Young Artist” Framed Lithograph, Signed Artist’s ProofBy Norman RockwellLocated in San Francisco, CAA large hand signed and numbered artist’s proof lithograph of “The Young Artist” by Norman Rockwell in original custom frame. Original oil painting was created for The Saturday Even...Category
Vintage 1970s American PrintsMaterials
- Framed Prints of Pieces in Her Majesty's Collection at Windsor by H. Shaw, PairLocated in Elkhart, INA gorgeous pair of framed prints of two pieces "In her Majesty's collection at Windsor" by H. Shaw. One is of a cup that dates about 1530 featuri...Category
Antique Mid-19th Century English Neoclassical PrintsMaterials
Glass, Wood, Paper
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery