Items Similar to Large Early 19th Century Hand Carved, Gilded French Architectural Panel View More
Large Early 19th Century Hand Carved, Gilded French Architectural Panel
Standing at an impressive 73 inches in height, this large asymmetrical architectural panel from the early 19th century was originally part of the boiseries or paneling in a French manor house. Painted in a Marie Antoinette grey and surrounded by a gilt border, this piece features a flourish at the top and bottom detailed with carved leaves and flowers, circa 1810. An elegant accent piece that may be hung on the wall as three-dimensional art.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1810
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsSome peeling paint and discoloration of gilding
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 73 in. x W 22.5 in. x D 2.5 in.H 185.42 cm x W 57.15 cm x D 6.35 cm
- Seller LocationFayetteville, AR
- Seller Reference Number18B142
- Reference NumberLU983213147841
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.8 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2013
Located in Fayetteville, AR
More From This Seller
Large 19th Century Regency Style Giltwood Doubl...
Antique 19th Century French Régence Architectural Elements
With an impressive width of 52 inches, this large giltwood architectural element from the 19th century features a symmetrical Regency style shell surrounded by acanthus leaves on its...
Mid-20th Century French Hand-Carved Elm Wall Sc...
Mid-20th Century French Medieval Architectural Elements
This midcentury French solid elm wall sconce was originally placed under a ceiling beam for support and features a hand carved medieval figure. Dressed in a simple robe, the medieval...
17th Century French Hand-Carved Walnut Pillar C...
Antique 17th Century French Louis XIV Pedestals and Columns
Hand-carved from top to bottom from a single piece of walnut, this 17th century pillar or column features a Corinthian capital with vestiges of its original gilding. Above the bevele...
Very Large Mid-19th Century French Iron Cheese ...
Antique 1860s French Scientific Instruments
This very large iron cheese scale from the Jura mountains near the Swiss border hangs from above and was originally used to weigh Comté or Morbier wheels of cheese. Two weights with ...