Cartier Love 10 Diamond 18k White Gold Bangle Bracelet
View Similar Items
Cartier Love 10 Diamond 18k White Gold Bangle Bracelet
- Design:Love BraceletLove Collection
- Stone Cut:
- Weight:30 g
- Dimensions:Length: 6.5 in (165.1 mm)
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2000
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: 11059011stDibs: LU41217319222
About the Design
If the robust locking mechanism and miniature screw heads that characterized Cartier’s Love bracelet when it first appeared conjured crude, medieval hardware, there’s a good reason. When Italian-born American jewelry designer Aldo Cipullo (1935–84) created the company’s signature bangle, he was inspired by chastity belts. Cipullo believed that the bond and commitment embodied in love deserved their own distinctive symbol.
When he designed the Love bracelet, in 1969, Cipullo hadn't been working long for Cartier, where he was hired only a decade after arriving in the United States. In fact, it was his first piece for the internationally acclaimed French jewelry house, which already counted numerous celebrities among its loyal clientele and had attracted legions of admirers for its brooches and Santos de Cartier wristwatch.
The son of a well-known costume jewelry manufacturer, Cipullo developed an appreciation for design in his youth and gained firsthand experience with manufacturing jewelry during an apprenticeship at his father’s factory in Florence. After arriving in New York City, in 1959, he studied at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan, then worked for Tiffany & Co. and David Webb, honing his talent for crafting rich and innovative designs before finally landing at Cartier.
As for the history of the Cartier Love bracelet, its launch created a frenzy, stoked by media buzz and a publicity campaign involving marquee-name couples like Nancy and Frank Sinatra, who happily accepted prototypes of the piece. It wasn’t just the bracelet’s look that generated conversation. The yellow-gold band, rimmed in mock flathead screws, was intended to be worn all day and all night by both men and women and not matched to specific attire. These attributes were certainly audacious for luxury jewelry of the era, but Cipullo’s now-instantly recognizable piece was also endowed with narrative.
Although it’s since been updated to lock and unlock on its own, the original Love bracelet came with a gold-vermeil screwdriver. One lover wore Cipullo’s striking cuff, while the other carried the tool to open and close it. By design, Cartier’s Love bracelet is a physical representation of love’s promise — a clean and elegant symbol, wearable by anyone.
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- Piaget Possession 18k Yellow Gold Spinning Bangle BraceletBy PiagetLocated in Miami, FLThis Piaget "Possession" wide 18K yellow gold bangle bracelet features a ribbed and domed design, comprising 5 spinning bangles. This piece is signed and numbered. Accompanied by ori...Category
Vintage 1970s Swiss Modern BraceletsMaterials
Yellow Gold$19,999Free Shipping
- Italian Amethyst 18K Yellow Gold Bold Wide Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami, FLA bold exquisite bracelet is full of power and distinction. Dazzle yourself with this high-polished 18k Italian gold bangle bracelet, acc...Category
1990s European Modern BanglesMaterials
Amethyst, Yellow Gold$7,799Free Shipping
- 1990s High Polish Italian Citrine 18k Gold Wide Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami, FLDazzle yourself with this estate high-polished 18k Italian gold bangle bracelet. This wide Bangle bracelet is set with five emerald-cut g...Category
1990s European Modern Modern BraceletsMaterials
Citrine, 18k Gold$7,999Free Shipping
- Modern Italian Concave High Polish 18k Gold Wide Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami, FLExquisite Italian Jacente Wide Cuff Bracelets. This Chic 1980s piece is made of 18K yellow gold with a highly polished finish, finely made in Ital...Category
1990s Italian Modern BanglesMaterials
18k Gold$13,999Free Shipping
- 1980s Diamond Turquoise 18K White Gold Braided Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami, FLAdorn your arm with this Vintage Pave Diamond Turquoise 18K White Gold Braided Cuff Bangle Bracelet. This statement piece is crafted in 18K whit...Category
Vintage 1980s BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Turquoise, White Gold$12,700Free Shipping
- 1980s Emerald Diamond 18K Gold Elegant Bangle BraceletLocated in Miami, FLThis Vintage 1980s Emerald & Diamond Bangle Bracelet with an approximate total weight of 84.6 grams is crafted in 18k yellow. Featuring (21) Genuine Vibrant Green Colombian square ...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern BanglesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold$9,999Free Shipping
- Cartier 18k White Gold Love Bracelet Bangle 4 DiamondsBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier bangle bracelet from the iconic Love collection finely crafted in 18 karat white gold featuring 4 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing 0.42 cts. total weight. These diamonds...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Contemporary BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$11,650Free Shipping
- Cartier Love Bracelet in 18k White Gold (Size 18)By CartierLocated in Bari, ITA popular piece of jewelry colloquially known as the "modern love handcuff." Designed as a unisex wrist accessory, this bracelet with the iconic screw head pattern is meant to be wor...Category
20th Century Modern Modern BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, White Gold$5,742 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Cartier Love 18K White Gold 10 Diamond BraceletBy CartierLocated in Southampton, PAThis Cartier Love bracelet proves that even minimalist pieces can make a statement. Encircling the iconic 18K White Gold bangle-style bracelet, you’ll find 10 glittering round-cut di...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French BanglesMaterials
Diamond, White Gold, 18k Gold$14,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Love 18k White Gold Bangle Bracelet PouchBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThis classic authentic Cartier bangle from the iconic Love collection is crafted in 18k white gold and completed with the original screwdriver. This bracelet is a size 18. Made in Fr...Category
White Gold$6,990Free Shipping
- Cartier Love 4 Diamonds Bracelet Bangle 18k Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in New York, NYCartier LOVE bracelet crafted in 18K yellow gold, set with 4 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing 0.42 carats. A close fitting, oval bracelet composed of two rigid arcs which are wo...Category
2010s Modern BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$10,999 / setFree Shipping
- Cartier Love Bracelet 10 Diamond in Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Banbury, GBBrand Cartier Model B6070317 Date Circa 2010 Retail Price £14,700 incl. VAT/ 17,300 / $17000 including VAT __________________________________ Metal 18K Yellow Gold Size 16 Serial No....Category
2010s French BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$14,608Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
Our guide will teach you the telltale traits of fake Cartier Love bracelets.
A Short History of the World’s Most Iconic Designs
Of the million-plus items on 1stdibs, some seem to have transcended time, looking as fresh today as when they were first produced. The pieces highlighted on our new Iconic Designs page stand out for longevity, functionality and quality of design and manufacture — just the tonic for the present unsettled moment.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery