CHANEL Sterling Silver Bracelet
View Similar Items
CHANEL Sterling Silver Bracelet
Chanel made sterling silver jewelery only for a short time.
Condition is very good, only a few tiny scratches.
width in front 1.25 and back 1" inches
diameter 2.25 x 2" inches
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- 18kt White Gold Wave Bracelet Clamper / Bangle 2.83ct DiamondsLocated in Antwerp, BESparkling 18Kt White Gold Wave Bracelet Clamper / Bangle 3.01ct Diamonds Elegant and tasteful diamond bracelet with beautiful brilliant cut/clarity/color diamonds. Diamonds: 120 ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Modern BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$9,771Free Shipping
- Intense Yellow Round Diamonds and 18 Karat Yellow Gold BangleLocated in Admiralty, HKIntense Yellow Round Diamonds and 18K Yellow Gold Bangle: An elegant bangle, it features beautiful intense yellow round brilliant diamonds weighi...Category
2010s Hong Kong Contemporary BanglesMaterials
Yellow Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,500 Sale Price24% OffFree Shipping
- Art Deco Style Pink Sapphire and White Diamond Gold BangleLocated in Admiralty, HKArt-Deco Style Pink Sapphire and White Diamond Gold Bangle: An elegant bangle, it features 5 pink sapphires weighing 0.15 carat and 4 white round brilliant diamonds weighing 0.10 ca...Category
2010s Art Deco Clamper BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Pink Sapphire, Gold, 18k Gold, 22k Gold, White G...$2,499Free Shipping
- Hattie Carnegie Wide Goldtone Bangle with Large StonesBy Hattie CarnegieLocated in Stamford, CTSpectacular jewel encrusted bangle bracelet by Hattie Carnegie.Category
Vintage 1950s American Bangles$650Free Shipping
- Roman Malakov 2.82 Marquis and Pear Shape Diamonds Wreath Hinged Bangle BraceletBy Roman MalakovLocated in New York, NYA unique and fashionable bangle bracelet showcasing brilliant marquise and pear shape diamonds, set in a bypass wreath design. Diamonds weigh 2.82 carats total, F-G Color and VS-Si i...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Contemporary BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$13,500Free Shipping
- Bvlgari White Gold Diamond Divas' Dream Bracelet 355625By BvlgariLocated in London, GBAn elegant 18k white gold Bvlgari diamond bracelet from the Divas' Dream collection. The cuff style bracelet has a fan-shaped motif with 18 round brilliant cut diamonds on either end...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Clamper BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold$7,188Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.