Hermes Red Leather and Gold Metal Agatha Cuff Bracelet
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Hermes Red Leather and Gold Metal Agatha Cuff Bracelet
About the Designer
For Hermès, what began as a maker of leather equestrian goods for European noblemen would eventually grow into one of the most storied fashion labels in the world. In 1837, German-born French entrepreneur Thierry Hermès opened a saddle and harness purveyor in Paris. Gradually, the house extended into accessories and luggage for its riders, and today, in paying homage to its origins, the family-run luxury brand resurfaces horse motifs in everything from clothing and modernist jewelry to pillows and handbags.
The first top-handled bag ever produced by Hermès was the Haut à courroies, which made its debut in 1892. A tall bag secured with a folded leather flap (fastened with bridle-inspired straps), it was designed to transport riding boots and a harness. As the world made the switch from horse to automobile, the bag adapted, becoming a multifunctional travel satchel instead of a designated saddlebag. Today, 120 years later, the HAC remains in Hermès’s line — and its distinctive flap and clasping straps have laid the groundwork for some of the house’s other iconic bags.
In the 1930s, Robert Dumas (son-in-law to Émile-Maurice Hermès, Thierry’s grandson) designed a smaller, trapezoidal take on the flap bag with a handle and two side straps. Later, actress Grace Kelly, then engaged to Prince Rainier of Monaco, is said to have used one of these bags to conceal her pregnancy during the 1950s. Because she was photographed constantly, the coverage catapulted her handbag to international popularity. In 1977, Hermès officially renamed the model for her, and the Kelly bag was born. Each Kelly bag takes between 18 and 25 hours to produce, and its 680 hand stitches owe solely to one Hermès artisan.
Robert Dumas was also responsible for another one of the brand’s most iconic offerings: the launch of its first silk scarf on the occasion of Hermès’s 100th anniversary in 1937. Based on a woodblock designed by Dumas and printed on Chinese silk, the accessory was an immediate hit.
Today, vintage Hermès scarves, typically adorned in rich colors and elaborate patterns, serve many functions, just as they did back then. Well-heeled women wear it on their heads, around their necks and, in a genius piece of cross-promotion, tied to the straps of their Hermès bags. Kelly even once used one as a sling for her broken arm.
In 1981, Robert Dumas’s son Jean-Louis Dumas, then Hermès chairman, found himself sitting next to French actress and musician Jane Birkin on a plane, where she was complaining about finding a suitable carryall for the necessary accoutrements of motherhood. After the two travelers were properly introduced, Birkin helped design Jean-Louis’s most famous contribution to the Hermès canon: the Birkin bag, a roomy, square catchall with the HAC’s trademark leather flap top and the addition of a lock and key. Owing to the brand’s legendary commitment to deft, handcrafted construction, the Birkin is an investment that is coveted by collectors everywhere.
While the Kelly and Birkin may be standouts, gracing the arms of everyone from royal heiresses to hip-hop stars in the past few decades, the handbags are but a small part of Hermès’s fashion offerings. Since the 1920s, the brand has produced some of the most desirable leather goods in the world. There’s the Constance bag, a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy, the recently relaunched 1970s-era Evelyne and, on the vintage market, a slew of designs dating back to the 1920s.
- Hermes Vintage Leather Travel Grooming Set with Toiletry AccessoriesBy HermèsLocated in Rome, Rome- HERMES Paris 50's Gentleman travel grooming set - Case with handle in beige leather with brown trim and handle - Double latch closure - 2 silver metal bottles (4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Hermes Paris Vintage Silk Scarf Attelages Mail Coaches 1953 GrygkarBy HermèsLocated in Rome, RomeHERMES silk scarf named 'Attelages ', (or 'Mail Coaches') designed by Hugo Grygkar and first issued in 1953.100% Silk. Grey, pale yellow, baby pink, and light blue color. Measurement...Category
20th Century French Scarves
- Hermes Paris Gray Beige Silk Maille de Soie Reversible Knit Neck TieBy HermèsLocated in Rome, RomeElegant Hermes 'Maille de Soie' Neck Tie in grey and beige silk. 100% knit silk. Reversible design. Composition: 100% Silk. Hermes composition tag attached. Made in Italy. Total leng...Category
2010s Italian Tech Accessories and Cases
- Hermes Paris Vintage Red Silk Scarf Voitures Paniers 1984 Julie AbadieBy HermèsLocated in Rome, RomeHermes Paris Vintage Silk Scarf 'Voitures Paniers ' . Artist :Julie Abadie. First Issue : 1984. Main colors are red and yellow. Hand rolled hem. Fabric / Material: 100% Silk. Approx ...Category
1970s French Scarves
- Hermes Yellow Blue Silk Scarf Grand Manege 1990 Henry D'OrignyBy HermèsLocated in Rome, RomeHERMES Silk scarf named 'Grand Manege', designed by artist Henry D'Origny and issued for the first time in 1990. Yellow borders. 'Hermes Paris' and 'Hermes with copyright symbol prin...Category
1990s French Scarves
- Hermes Paris Brown Silk Geometric Round Pattern Neck TieBy HermèsLocated in Rome, RomeElegant Hermes Neck Tie in brown color with an allover multicolor round elements print. Composition: 100% Silk. Hermes composition tag attached. 'HERMES Paris' with copyright symbol ...Category
2010s French Tech Accessories and Cases
- Hermes Chamonix Leather Gold-Plated BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Hermes Chamonix Leather Gold-Plated Bracelet HERMES Hermes Chamonix Leather Gold-Plated Bracelet 1,627 AED Get 184 AED off on order value 2,938 AED and above. Use Voucher: SAVEMORE A...Category
2010s French Contemporary Modern BraceletsMaterials
Gold Plate$415Free Shipping
- Hermes NEW Black Enamel/ Rose Gold Narrow Hinged Bracelet sz MBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYHermes NEW Black/ Rose Gold Narrow Hinged Bracelet sz M Made In: France Color: Black, rose gold Materials: Rose gold plated metal, enamel Hallmarks: "Hermes SP 11 27," "Made in Fran...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French BanglesMaterials
- HERMES Kelly Dog In Orange Swift leatherBy HermèsLocated in Paris, FRThe bracelet is a Kelly Dog model from Maison Hermès, a classic made famous by its Touret clasp which we never tire of! It is presented here in orange swift leather with palladium si...Category
Early 2000s French Cuff Bracelets$574Free Shipping
- 14k Gold Dandelion Flower Earrings Studs, Yellow Sapphire Flower EarringsLocated in Istanbul, TR14k Gold Dandelion Flower Earrings Studs. Yellow sapphire flower earrings. 14 karat gold dandelion flower earrings with genuine sapphires. Yellow sapphire earrings. We also have m...Category
2010s Turkish Modern Stud EarringsMaterials
Yellow Sapphire, 14k Gold$400 Sale Price / item50% OffFree Shipping
- Stacking Ring with Evil Eye Diamond Ring in 14K Yellow GoldBy VR JewelsLocated in Houston, TXDiamond Evil Eye Ring in 14K Gold is a sign of pure love. For centuries, diamonds have been widely known as the universal symbol of eternal love and commitment. It's a statement ring...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Solitaire RingsMaterials
Diamond, 14k Gold, Yellow GoldFrom $200 / itemFree Shipping
- Cartier Diamond Love Bracelet 18k Rose GoldBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a Cartier Diamond Love bracelet featured in 18k Rose Gold. Set with 204 brilliant-cut diamonds. Total carat weight is 1.99 Chic and instantly recognizable. Bracele...Category
21st Century and Contemporary European BanglesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold$42,875Free Shipping
- Vintage Hermès "Galop" Silver 925 Bangles BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Milan, IT"Galop" bracelet in silver 925 Manufactured by Orfevrèrie Ravinet d’Enfer pour Hermès Epoch 1980 ca. Hermès Paris Diameter: 7cmCategory
Vintage 1980s French BanglesMaterials
- Vintage Hermès "Ceinture" Silver 925 Bangles BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Milan, IT"Ceinture" bracelet in silver 925 Manufactured by Orfevrèrie Ravinet d’Enfer pour Hermès Epoch 1970 ca. Hermès Paris Diameter: 7cmCategory
Vintage 1970s French BanglesMaterials
- Hermès Bangle 'Medor Picnic Manschette', Coll.: 2021, Size. T2By HermèsLocated in Stuttgart, BWHERMÈS bangle "MEDOR PICNIC MANSCHETTE", coll.: 2021, size. T2. Wicker and Barénia calfskin. Gilt. Dust bag, box and invoice enclosed. Like new. HERMÈS bracelet "MEDOR PICNIC MANSCH...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Bangles$2,311Free Shipping
- Hermes Extra-Wide Enamel Bangle BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Braintree, GBHermes extra-wide enamel bangle bracelet. This bangle features intricate artwork, with floral motifs, the palladium plated hardware. Wear it alone or with a stack of bangles for an...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French More JewelryMaterials
- Hermès Confettis D'ex Libris Bangle BraceletBy HermèsLocated in Braintree, GBHermès Confettis D'ex Libris Gold plated and enamel Printed Bangle Bracelet. Inspired by the brand's equestrian roots, Hermès presents this bangle bracelet. This bracelet is great ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Bangles$856Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
How to Spot a Fake Hermès Birkin Bag
The iconic Birkin bag is much coveted — and often copied. Find out how to tell the real deal from a convincing fake. Of course, you don't have to worry about this on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery