Cartier 1971 London Bracelet With Braided Links In 18Kt Yellow & White Gold
About the Item
- Weight:93.2 g
- Dimensions:Width: 0.75 in (19.05 mm)Length: 8 in (203.2 mm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1971
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The overall condition of this bracelet is excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. This piece has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity. This is a collector's item with great eye appeal.
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: B0000CREN/2.2401stDibs: LU2690215713982
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Cartier Paris Double C Bracelet in Solid 18Kt Yellow Gold with VS Round DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLModern bracelet designed by Cartier. A magnificent and rare Double C chained flexible bracelet made in Paris France by the house of Cartier. it was crafted in solid 18 karats of ver...Category
1990s French Modern Chain BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris 1970 Flat Curb Links Bold Bracelet In Solid 18Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLA bracelet designed by Cartier. Beautiful, sleek and elegant bracelet, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1970's. This piece is very high in fashio...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier London Vintage Trinity Bangle Bracelet In 18Kt Gold With VS DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLBangle Bracelet designed by Cartier London. A rare three color trinity bangle bracelet, created in London England by the jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1987. This bracelet ha...Category
Vintage 1980s English Modernist BanglesMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris 1950 Vintage Retro Links Bracelet in 18kt Gold with Lapis LazuliBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLRetro bracelet designed by Cartier. Beautiful rare bracelet, created in Paris France by the house of Cartier during the postwar period, back in the 1950's. This flexible bracelet ha...Category
Vintage 1950s French Retro Link BraceletsMaterials
Lapis Lazuli, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Carlo Weingrill Verona 1960 Stations Links Bracelet 18kt Yellow Gold with CoralBy Carlo WeingrillLocated in Miami, FLA stations bracelet designed by Carlo Weingrill. Beautiful statement piece, created in Verona Italy at the jewelry atelier of Carlo Weingrill, back in the late 1960's. This station ...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Modernist Link BraceletsMaterials
Coral, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
- Cartier Paris 1970 Flat Curb Links Necklace In Solid 18Kt Yellow Gold With BoxBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLA necklace designed by Cartier. Beautiful, sleek and elegant necklace, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1970's. This piece is very high in fashio...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- 18kt Yellow and White Gold with White Diamonds BraceletLocated in GALLARATE, ITMarine knots create a unique jewel made by expert hands handemade in Italy by Stanoppi Jewellery since 1948. Yellow and white gold 18kt with white diamonds cts 0.50 cm 19 g.45.20 A...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Artisan Chain BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold
- Large Links Bracelet in 18kt Yellow and White GoldLocated in Esch-Sur-Alzette, LUThe "Large Links Bracelet in 18kt Yellow and White Gold" is a piece of jewelry that features a bold and stylish design. The bracelet is crafted from two types of gold - 18-karat ye...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Swiss Contemporary Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- 5A+Tahitian Pearl Bracelet in White Gold 18kt and Oval Links by MikimotoBy MikimotoLocated in Firenze, FI5A+ Tahitian pearl bracelet in white gold 18kt and oval links, from our stock since 2006. Beautiful and timeless piece made by Mikimoto. This piece will comes with our bag and both g...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Neoclassical Chain BraceletsMaterials
Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold
- Bracelet in Gold 18 kt with Square Braided LinksLocated in Paris, FRBracelet in 18K yellow gold with square braided links 2 Safety Eights Eagle Head hallmark Length: 19 cm Width: 3 cm Net weight: 120.8gCategory
Early 2000s Italian AnkletsMaterials
Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k GoldFree Shipping
- Giselle Collection Amicizia 18kt Yellow Gold Bracelet with DiamondsLocated in GALLARATE, ITGiselle Collection Amicizia 18kt Yellow Gold Bracelet with Diamonds Enveloping bracelet in 18kt yellow gold with a unique and refined design...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Bulgari 18kt Yellow Gold Large Links BraceletBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYUnique Bulgari 18kt Yellow Gold Large Links Bracelet, circa 1970. In its original box 7 inches longCategory
Vintage 1970s Italian Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Cartier Love Bracelet
This iconic jewel has captured countless hearts with its elegant design and its amatory symbolism. Counterfeiters have taken note of the demand and created fake versions. If you’re looking for a genuine Cartier Love bracelet, it’s crucial to check all the elements for authenticity. Our guide will teach you the telltale traits of a knockoff.
The 14 Most Iconic Watches for Women
Style, craft and heritage combine to make these designs undeniable classics.