- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Cartier 1971 London Bracelet With Braided Links In 18Kt Yellow & White Gold
About the Item
- Weight:93.2 g
- Dimensions:Width: 0.75 in (19.05 mm)Length: 8 in (203.2 mm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:1971
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The overall condition of this bracelet is excellent. Beside the little normal wear, there is no damage to the gold. This piece has been carefully inspected to guarantee the condition and authenticity. This is a collector's item with great eye appeal.
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: B0000CREN/2.2401stDibs: LU2690215713982
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
- Cartier Paris Double C Bracelet in Solid 18Kt Yellow Gold with VS Round DiamondsBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLModern bracelet designed by Cartier. A magnificent and rare Double C chained flexible bracelet made in Paris France by the house of Cartier. it was crafted in solid 18 karats of ver...Category
1990s French Modern Chain BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$17,950Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris 1970 Flat Curb Links Bold Bracelet In Solid 18Kt Yellow GoldBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLA bracelet designed by Cartier. Beautiful, sleek and elegant bracelet, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1970's. This piece is very high in fashio...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$13,590Free Shipping
- Pomellato Milan Links Bracelet Two Tones of 18Kt Gold with 3.60 Cts in DiamondsBy PomellatoLocated in Miami, FLCuban-Links Bracelet designed by Pomellato. Beautiful bold bracelet, created in Milano Italy by the jewelry house of Pomellato. This Cuban-links bracelet was crafted in solid yellow...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Modernist Chain BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$15,985Free Shipping
- Cartier Paris 1970 Flat Curb Links Necklace In Solid 18Kt Yellow Gold With BoxBy CartierLocated in Miami, FLA necklace designed by Cartier. Beautiful, sleek and elegant necklace, created in Paris France by the jewelry house of Cartier, back in the 1970's. This piece is very high in fashio...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modernist Link NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$26,750Free Shipping
- George L'enfant 1960 Paris Double Paillette Twisted Bracelet Braided 18Kt GoldLocated in Miami, FLA double links bracelet designed by George L'Enfant. An impressive, extraordinary and very rare Double Paillette bracelet, created at the atelier of George L'Enfant in Paris France ...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modernist Chain BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$36,950Free Shipping
- Gucci Milan 1980 Flexible Bracelet With Kinetic Spheres Logo In 18Kt Yellow GoldBy GucciLocated in Miami, FLUnusual kinetic bracelet designed by Gucci. A vintage piece created in Milan Italy, around the 1980's. Designed as a kinetic mesh bracelet with 11 movable spheres with the double G ...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Retro Chain BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$11,450Free Shipping
- Georges Lenfant for Tiffany France Mid-Century Gold Curb Link BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThe attractive bracelet designed as a straight row of textured 18kt yellow gold double curb links, signed TIFFANY & CO. FRANCE, with maker's mark (export) for Georges Lenfant, French...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold$32,000Free Shipping
- Georges L’enfant 18CT Yellow Gold Fancy Textured Link Bracelet, French c.1940'sLocated in London, GBThis gorgeous Georges L'Enfant vintage hardware textured link bracelet has been crafted in 18 carat yellow gold. The piece consists of 20 'U' shaped links all hand finished with an e...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Retro Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$23,804Free Shipping
- Georges Lenfant for Cartier Mid-Century Woven Gold Oval Link BraceletBy CartierLocated in New York, NYA mid-century woven link bracelet, comprised of elongated oval textured gold links joined by polished demi-lune spacers, in 18k. Cartier, Paris, #56325. With poinçon for Georges Lenf...Category
Vintage 1960s French Modern Link BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold$34,000Free Shipping
- Vintage JJ signed matte gold faux pearl knot clip on earringsLocated in Palos Hills, ILDETAILS • signed JJ • gold tone with faux pearls • vintage designer runway earrings MEASUREMENTS • 1.25" by 1.25" CONDITION • excellent vintage condition with minimal signs ...Category
20th Century American Clip-on Earrings$180 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Links of London 18 Karat Yellow and White Diamond Girl Pendant CharmBy Links of LondonLocated in Los Angeles, CAHeight: 28 mm Width: 7.7 mm Metal: 18K Yellow & White Gold Stone Type: Diamonds Hallmark: Links of London Trademark Total Weight: 3.5 Grams Condition: Pre Owned Estimated Retail Pri...Category
2010s English Pendant Necklaces$435Free Shipping
- 18kt Yellow and White Gold with White Diamonds BraceletLocated in GALLARATE, ITMarine knots create a unique jewel made by expert hands handemade in Italy by Stanoppi Jewellery since 1948. Yellow and white gold 18kt with white diamonds cts 0.50 cm 19 g.45.20 A...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Artisan Chain BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$4,142 Sale Price23% OffFree Shipping
- 5A+Tahitian Pearl Bracelet in White Gold 18kt and Oval Links by MikimotoBy MikimotoLocated in Firenze, FI5A+ Tahitian pearl bracelet in white gold 18kt and oval links, from our stock since 2006. Beautiful and timeless piece made by Mikimoto. This piece will comes with our bag and both g...Category
Early 2000s Japanese Neoclassical Chain BraceletsMaterials
Pearl, 18k Gold, White Gold$20,516Free Shipping
- Bracelet in Gold 18 kt with Square Braided LinksLocated in Paris, FRBracelet in 18K yellow gold with square braided links 2 Safety Eights Eagle Head hallmark Length: 19 cm Width: 3 cm Net weight: 120.8gCategory
Early 2000s Italian AnkletsMaterials
Yellow Gold, Gold, 18k Gold$10,535Free Shipping
- Giselle Collection Amicizia 18kt Yellow Gold Bracelet with DiamondsLocated in GALLARATE, ITGiselle Collection Amicizia 18kt Yellow Gold Bracelet with Diamonds Enveloping bracelet in 18kt yellow gold with a unique and refined design, inspired by the delicacy of the flowers...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$440 Sale Price25% OffFree Shipping
- Bulgari 18kt Yellow Gold Large Links BraceletBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYUnique Bulgari 18kt Yellow Gold Large Links Bracelet, circa 1970. In its original box 7 inches longCategory
Vintage 1970s Italian Link BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$36,000Free Shipping
- Aaron Basha 18kt White Gold Pendant BraceletBy Aaron BashaLocated in Bergamo, BGAaron Basha signed Bracelet made of White Gold with 5 rings for Pendants Curnis makes and sells jewelry made by the Best Italian goldsmith masters All jewelry offered by Curnis is ...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Charm BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, White Gold, Enamel$3,914Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
Discover Why Islamic Art Is an Enduring Influence on Cartier Jewelry
Through both his collection and his innovative designs, Louis Cartier’s passion for Islamic continues to resonate.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery