Louis Vuitton Gold Monogram Bracelet
View Similar Items
Louis Vuitton Gold Monogram Bracelet
- Place of Origin:France
- Date of Manufacture:2000s
- Seller Location:Feasterville, PA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU590215708
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
- Louis Vuitton Diamond Monogram BraceletBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton's iconic LV initials meet their iconic monogram flowers, together comprising a sleek and sophisticated seven charmed bracelet crafted in brilliant cut diamonds mounted ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Charm BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$25,000Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Crazy in Lock Monogram BraceletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Geneva, CHCharming pre-owned Louis Vuitton Crazy in Lock Bracelet. Crafted in the iconic monogram canvas and gold-tone metal. LV signature o...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Charm Bracelets$273Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Gold Seed Pearl Chain Charm BraceletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Beverly Hills, CAFun and trendy Louis Vuitton charm bracelet. Comes in an original Louis Vuitton monogram pouch which makes it a perfect gift at the fraction of the retail price. The bracelet is made of 18 karat yellow and white gold and seed pearls. Measurements: 7.25 x 3 inches (18.3 x 7.6 centimeters). Weight is 17.9 grams. Stamped with Louis Vuitton maker...Category
Early 2000s French Charm BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$4,900Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Keep it Twice Brown Monogram Canvas Gold Tone Lock Charm BraceletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Enhance your wrist with this stunner of a bracelet from Louis Vuitton. This piece is from their 'Keep It Twice' collection and has been crafted from Monogram canvas, enhanced with go...Category
2010s Italian Aesthetic Movement Charm Bracelets
- Louis Vuitton Paris 2000s 18 Karat Yellow Gold Square Lock & Key Charm BraceletBy Louis VuittonLocated in Philadelphia, PAComprised of square shaped cable link chain with suspending lock and key charms. Lock is functional via press release closure and is engraved with brand logo. Key charms are removabl...Category
Early 2000s French Contemporary Charm BraceletsMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$17,500Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton X Takashi Murakami Limited Edition Luck It Bracelet, 2003.By Louis VuittonLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton X Takashi Murakami Limited Edition Luck It Bracelet, 2003. This highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldwide phenomenon when Japanese artist Ta...Category
Early 2000s Charm Bracelets
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery