Cartier Bamboo Two Tone Gold Cuff Bracelet
View Similar Items
Cartier Bamboo Two Tone Gold Cuff Bracelet
About the Designer
For its extraordinary range of bracelets, watches, rings and other adornments, French luxury house Cartier is undeniably one of the most well known and internationally revered jewelers in the world among clients both existing and aspirational.
Perhaps 1847 was not the ideal time to open a new watchmaking and jewelry business, as the French Revolution was not kind to the aristocracy who could afford such luxuries. Nevertheless, it was the year Louis-François Cartier (1819–1904) — who was born into poverty — founded his eponymous empire, assuming control of the workshop of watchmaker Adolphe Picard, under whom he had previously been employed as an assistant. Of course, in the beginning, it was a relatively modest affair, but by the late 1850s, Cartier had its first royal client, Princess Mathilde Bonaparte, niece of Napoleon Bonaparte, who commissioned the jeweler to design brooches, earrings and other accessories.
Under the leadership of Louis-François’s son, Alfred, who took over in 1874, business boomed. Royalty around the world wore Cartier pieces, including Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, the Maharaja of Patiala and King Edward VII, who had 27 tiaras made by the jewelry house for his coronation in 1902 and issued Cartier a royal warrant in 1904. (Today, the British royal family still dons Cartier pieces; Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, regularly sports a Ballon Bleu de Cartier watch.)
Cartier’s golden years, however, began when Alfred introduced his three sons, Louis, Pierre and Jacques, to the business. The brothers expanded Cartier globally: Louis reigned in Paris, Pierre in New York and Jacques in London, ensuring their brand’s consistency at their branches across the world. The trio also brought in such talents as Charles Jacqueau and Jeanne Toussaint.
One of Cartier’s earliest major successes was the Santos de Cartier watch — one of the world's first modern wristwatches for men. (Previously, a large number of people were using only pocket watches.) Louis designed the timepiece in 1904 for his friend, popular Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont, who wanted to be able to check the time more easily while flying.
Cartier’s other famous timepieces include the Tank watch, which was inspired by the linear form of military tanks during World War I, and the so-called mystery clocks. Invented by watchmaker and magician Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin and later crafted exclusively for Cartier in the house’s workshop by watchmaker Maurice Couët, the mystery clocks were so named because the integration of glass dials on which the clocks’ hands would seemingly float as well as structures that are hidden away within the base give the illusion that they operate without machinery.
On the jewelry side of the business, Cartier’s internationally renowned offerings include the Tutti Frutti collection, which featured colorful carved gemstones inspired by Jacques’s trip to India and grew in popularity during the Art Deco years; the panthère motif, which has been incorporated into everything from brooches to rings; and the Love bracelet, a minimal, modernist locking bangle inspired by medieval chastity belts that transformed fine jewelry.
While the Cartier family sold the business following the death of Pierre in 1964, the brand continues to innovate today, renewing old hits and creating new masterpieces.
On 1stDibs, find a growing collection of contemporary and vintage Cartier watches, engagement rings, necklaces and other accessories.
- Cartier Two Row Walking Panthere 18k Yellow and White Gold Cuff BraceletBy CartierLocated in New York, NYImpressive 18K white and yellow gold cuff bracelet from the "Panther" collection, by Cartier. This wonderful bracelet from the 1980s is an exquisite and rare piece of jewelry that s...Category
Vintage 1980s French Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
White Gold, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold$60,000Free Shipping
- Modern 14k Yellow Gold "Wonder Woman" Cuff BraceletLocated in New York, NYThis whimsical "Wonder Woman"-like gold cuff bracelet is an iconic piece of jewelry inspired by the superhero character of the same name. Made in 14k yellow gold, this bracelet offer...Category
Late 20th Century Cuff BraceletsMaterials
14k Gold, Yellow Gold$8,500Free Shipping
- Kieselstein-Cord Large 18 Karat Gold Alligator Cuff BraceletBy KIESELSTEIN-CORDLocated in New York, NYFine 18K gold alligator cuff bracelet by Kieselstein-Cord, circa 1980s. At approx. 187 grams, we believe this to be the largest size made available of t...Category
Late 20th Century American Contemporary BanglesMaterials
18k Gold, Gold$32,500Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co. Diamond 18k Gold Feather-Like Cuff BraceletBy Tiffany & Co.Located in New York, NYThis very fine and unusual diamond cuff bracelet by Tiffany & Co. is a stunning piece of jewelry that captures the essence of nature's delicate beauty. Crafted with meticulous attent...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold
- Retro French 18k Two Tone Gold Bangle BraceletLocated in New York, NYFine 18k yellow and rose gold bangle bracelet, of French origin and circa 1940s. Weighing over 100 grams, the bracelet is of substantial heft, and over 1.5 inch at its widest point. Will comfortably fit a wrist size of 7-7.25 in circumference, would be categorized as a large size bracelet...Category
Mid-20th Century BanglesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold$10,500Free Shipping
- Cartier 18 Karat White Gold Love Bracelet Charm PendantBy CartierLocated in New York, NYFine 18K white gold charm pendant by Cartier. It resembles a Cartier love bracelet. Hallmarks: Cartier, 750, reference numbers, maker's mark.Category
Late 20th Century Charm BraceletsMaterials
White Gold, 18k Gold$1,000Free Shipping
- Cartier Panthere 18k Two-Tone Gold Vintage Cuff BraceletBy CartierLocated in New York, NYThis gorgeous vintage Cartier Panthere bracelet features a classic design of running panthers crafted in 18k yellow and white gold. C...Category
Vintage 1980s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$32,900Free Shipping
- Cartier Panthère Torque 18K Two-Tone Gold Bangle Cuff BraceletBy CartierLocated in Boca Raton, FLCartier Panthère Torque 18K Two-Tone Gold Bangle Cuff Bracelet. The Bracelet measures 1 inch in width and 6 inch in inner circumference. 108 grams. Slightly flexible. Signed, st...Category
Vintage 1980s French BanglesMaterials
Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$35,000Free Shipping
- Two Toned Gold Wide Cuff BraceletLocated in New York, NYFinely crafted in 14k yellow and rose gold. Signed by Ilan E. Barry, New York. 2 inch wide, size 6, flexible. Circa 1977Category
Vintage 1970s Cuff BraceletsMaterials
14k Gold$5,450Free Shipping
- Two-Tone Gold Diamond Cuff BraceletLocated in New York, NY18k white and yellow gold cuff bracelet, set with approx. 1.00ctw in diamonds. Cuff will fit approx. 7"wrist (no hinge) and is 1 1/8" wide. Weight - 116.3 grams.Category
20th Century Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Gold$6,000Free Shipping
- 18 Karat Gold Two-Toned Slim Cuff Bracelet Byzantine ModLocated in New York, NYMod, Two Toned Double Slim Cuff Bracelet Byzantine Deco Smooth & High Shine 7 inch / wearable length 26 Grams. 10.6mm wide 18kt yellow / white Gold. Secure & Comfortable clasp...Category
2010s American Byzantine Cuff BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$2,500Free Shipping
- Estate Opal Pearl Tsavorite Amethyst Two-Tone Gold Cuff BraceletLocated in Beverly Hills, CAThis modern designed cuff bracelet features a luscious boulder opal in the center with great play of color. It is accented with 2 pieces of mother of pearl, amethyst and tsavorite. S...Category
20th Century Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Amethyst, Opal, Pearl, Tsavorite, 18k Gold, 22k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow ...$11,800Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Gems by David Webb, Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels Anchor The Back Vault’s Treasure Trove
Boasting one of the largest collections of David Webb in the world, the firm offers exceptional jewels — always in demand yet never in short supply.
This 1950s Cartier Toi et Moi Ring Is a Summer Stunner
Made with Sardinian coral, this gem packs so much presence — and is perfect for poolside soirees.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery