CHANEL Pearl and Jeweled Cuff Bracelet
View Similar Items
CHANEL Pearl and Jeweled Cuff Bracelet
About the Designer
In the years following the opening of her modest millinery shop, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel became a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls. Today vintage Chanel handbags, jackets and evening dresses are among the most sought-after clothing and accessories for fashion lovers all over the world.
The first Chanel shop was established in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, Chanel's designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz.
But Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. Chanel's collarless jacket reacted against the constricting styles of Christian Dior's New Look, replacing them with a design that was timeless, an instant classic. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
- Silver Peridot and White Sapphire Leaf Cuff and RingBy Gregory Mikaelian & Sons, Inc.Located in Los Angeles, CAGresha signature bark finish leaf cuff and ring. Cuff has 40 round peridot weighing 4.25cts. and 13 white sapphires weighing .35pts. in a leaf antiqued finish. The ring can be worn...Category
2010s American Arts and Crafts Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Peridot, Sapphire, Silver$1,335 Sale Price24% OffFree Shipping
- Mauboussin Paris Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire and Diamond BraceletBy MauboussinLocated in New York, NYA Mauboussin Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire and Diamond Bracelet made in 18k Yellow Gold. Emeralds appx. 3.6 carats. Sapphires: appx. 4.5 carats. Rubies appx 4.5 carats. The diamonds weigh ...Category
20th Century Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire$27,500Free Shipping
- Art Deco Style Ruby Mosaic 20 Karat Yellow Gold Coomi Cuff BraceletBy CoomiLocated in Secaucus, NJDesigned to be a one of a kind piece by Coomi. The Cuff Bracelet from the Luminosity collection; which represents and consists of bold design and reflects light from within. Each uni...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Thai Art Deco Cuff BraceletsMaterials
Ruby, Yellow Gold$59,000Free Shipping
- Coomi 20 Karat Gold Luminosity Diamond Cuff BraceletBy CoomiLocated in Secaucus, NJCoomi Luminosity cuff bracelet set in 20K yellow gold with 5.04cts diamonds. Coomi’s Luminosity Collection consists of bold design and reflects light from within. Each uniquely natu...Category
Antique 15th Century and Earlier Thai Artisan Cuff BraceletsMaterials
White Diamond, Gold$39,000Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Padlock & Keys+ Two Bags Charm Yellow Gold Bracelet 125.7 Gm 18 KGBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Padlock & Keys+ Two Bags Charm Yellow Gold Bracelet 125.7 Gm 18 KG Unisex Comprised of square shaped cable link chain with suspending lock and key charms Lock is funct...Category
2010s Chain BraceletsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$20,000Free Shipping
- 30 Pointer Each, 29 Ct Single Line Eternity 18 Kt Gold and Diamond Bangle, PairLocated in New York, NYSingle line 30 pointer,29 Ct total diamond weight Contemporary 18 Karat Yellow Gold & Diamond Eternity Bangle Bracelet It features Two bangles craft...Category
Diamond, 18k Gold$52,000Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView All
With a Wink, Karl Lagerfeld Sent This Egg-Carton-Shaped Chanel Bag Down the Runway
For the brand’s 2014–15 ready-to-wear show in Paris, the designer was inspired by a most unexpected place: the supermarket.
This Vintage Chanel Fur Muff Is Après-Ski Chic
It might not be as practical as a pair of mittens, but for something that looks this good, practicality really doesn't matter.